PDA

View Full Version : Zoa eating nudibranch?

DiverDave32
10/11/2016, 07:06 PM
Hi,

I have recently acquired my first corals. One one of my Zoas there appears to be a lesion and what I think may be a Zoa eating nudibranch. Picture isn't great but the nudi is very small. Can anyone confirm? If so, I guess I should remove and perform another dip in Coral Rx?

Thanks,

Dave

A. Grandis
10/12/2016, 12:17 AM
Look like algae or hydroid.
Remove zoa from tank and scrape the thing side ways from it.
Be very careful not to poke the zoa. I guess you could use some fine tweezers too.
Better remove then in doubt.

Grandis.

DiverDave32
10/12/2016, 06:52 PM
Hi Grandis,

Thanks for the response.Glad to hear that it isn't a nudi. Will use some tweezers to remove it just in case!

Dave

A. Grandis
10/12/2016, 11:17 PM
:thumbsup:
You're welcome!

Grandis.

DiverDave32
10/17/2016, 07:38 PM
I have found some new discoveries in the tank. I think one is some sort of sea slug and the other a sponge. Can someone confirm? The sea slug thing should I remove? It is found near my orange riccordia mushrooms.

Thanks again,

Dave

A. Grandis
10/17/2016, 09:33 PM
I have found some new discoveries in the tank. I think one is some sort of sea slug and the other a sponge. Can someone confirm? The sea slug thing should I remove? It is found near my orange riccordia mushrooms.

Thanks again,

Dave

The pink thing look like a sponge or a hydroid. just keep an eye to see if it takes over or stings anything good that you have. I wouldn't mind for now.
The slit probably eats algae. I would just leave it alone.

Grandis.

DiverDave32
10/18/2016, 05:20 PM
Thanks again. I am actually pretty happy about the Sea Hare as I love all those macro critters unless they harm my tank.

Dave

A. Grandis
10/19/2016, 01:29 AM
:thumbsup: