PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe media reactor issue

Gonzo620
10/14/2016, 07:39 AM
I'm having and issue with my deluxe reactor holding my gfo. So the outer canister keeps filling with air. I don't believe the inner media canister is being affected, yet! I have another deluxe reactor for carbon set up in a similar way and it's not being affected. This is why I'm looking for some assistance. I'm letting the air out by using the red pressure button, but this is a every day thing now. Is there a cause? What can I do differently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RT_BRS
10/14/2016, 05:23 PM
I see! Luckily this is a very common thing that many people see, and the even better news is that it is totally harmless and doesn't harm the performance of the system at all. The water is still being pressurized and forced through the internal cartridge and up through the media.

Good call on the red venting button. That is exactly what it is for. Our other reactors don't have that so you need to unscrew the canister to vent it.

Gonzo620
10/14/2016, 07:12 PM
That good to hear. However I would still like it to stay filled for my own meticulous OCD reasons. Would replacing outer seal and inner canister cap fix the issue?

RT_BRS
10/17/2016, 10:43 AM
That good to hear. However I would still like it to stay filled for my own meticulous OCD reasons. Would replacing outer seal and inner canister cap fix the issue?

Do you have the reactor shutting down at all over the course of the day? Feed modes or anything like that? Changing the seals most likely wouldn't make too much of a difference I'm afraid.

Gonzo620
10/19/2016, 01:26 PM
Ok so I was messing with the reactor since my last post and I think I've made a discovery. I do believe it's possible to over tighten the outer canister. Not sure what components are being affected by the over tightening, but it seems to have solved the air issue. So I barely loosened the canister to the point it began to fill with water and decided to let it over flow out slowly. I waited and waited and nothing, so I've left it overnight. The reactor is mounted over the sump so no need to worry about the water. Well it's the next day and there isn't air in the canister and the reactor has not leaked. Problem Solved! Thanks for the support.

RT_BRS
10/19/2016, 05:28 PM
Ok so I was messing with the reactor since my last post and I think I've made a discovery. I do believe it's possible to over tighten the outer canister. Not sure what components are being affected by the over tightening, but it seems to have solved the air issue. So I barely loosened the canister to the point it began to fill with water and decided to let it over flow out slowly. I waited and waited and nothing, so I've left it overnight. The reactor is mounted over the sump so no need to worry about the water. Well it's the next day and there isn't air in the canister and the reactor has not leaked. Problem Solved! Thanks for the support.

Interesting, that is great to hear!