PDA

View Full Version : Jebao RW-8

RockyProndoa
10/16/2016, 01:16 PM
Not sure if this is the proper place for this...but I have two wired Jebao RW-8 wavemakers. They have been working fine until the other day when I noticed that one of the pumps is pulling water in through the center and expelling it through the sides - as if running in reverse. I don't believe these have a reverse function?

I have tried running it as the master, the slave, independent, unplugging and plugging back in, etc. - nothing seems to work. Has anyone ever encountered this problem? Any ideas?

I have been kicking around the idea of getting rid of them in lieu of a Gyre - not sure how well it would work in my 150g with a C2C overflow though?

Reef_Breeders
10/16/2016, 06:40 PM
That is odd- perhaps the power is flowing to the pump backwards, which is likely a controller issue. I have never heard of this before though.

I have some of these controllers at the shop, I just opened one. If you swap the 2 output wires, 24V+ and 24V- then that should fix your issue. All you need is a soldering iron.

Alternatively, I can try sending a new controller- if you swap the controllers and the other pump controller runs the pump correctly, then that is certainly the issue.

RockyProndoa
10/16/2016, 07:05 PM
Logan -

That was exactly my thinking - though swapping controllers never occurred to me. Let me try that and I will get back to you on this thread - thanks for the quick input.

RockyProndoa
10/16/2016, 07:17 PM
Ok - couldn't wait and swapped controllers and unfortunately it is still doing the same thing. I wish I could post a video of it, but the pump is basically spinning the water in from the front and out the sides. Impellers aren't broken; the housing is covered in corraline, but I wouldn't think that would impact the direction of the flow. Regardless - sounds like I may have to purchase some new pumps :(

How do the Gyre's compare? I have a 72" 150g.

Reef_Breeders
10/16/2016, 07:37 PM
Try switching the wires internally, the pump its self is probably wired backwards.

The gyres have a more wide, sweeping flow vs. the concentrated flow of the impeller pumps.

RockyProndoa
10/16/2016, 07:44 PM
Heh, that's beyond my pay grade to switch the wires internally. I appreciate the input though.

What size gyre for a 72" 150g? I have a coast to coast overflow.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk