PDA

View Full Version : Revive dip after effects

lee_d_m
10/16/2016, 12:41 PM
Hi

Today i dipped a numbe of acros that I suspected have AEFW in a Revive dip.

I used the recommended dose on the bottle and dipped for 10 minutes
After the dip I moved the coral to another container of tank water where I turkey basted it to get anything remaining off, then into a 3rd container for a final rinse before returning to the tank.

I did this on 12 acros.

After a few minutes of returning the acros to the tank and restarting the pumps, all my SPS showed a lot of mesenterial filaments for a good few hours, and my stylos all closed their polyps up.

It seems at this point that everything is fine and slowly the stylo polyps are returning, but I'm just wondering whether this is expected behaviour after a revive dip even for the corals that I didn't dip ?

Thanks

Lee

Flippers4pups
10/16/2016, 12:46 PM
Could be residual from the dip. That many pieces all at once if they had revive still on them. No harm.

sahin
10/23/2016, 09:20 AM
Hi Lee, you'll have no problem with Revive if you stick with the dosage on the bottle. I always lowered the dip strength or time for sensitive acros. I've always rinsed dipped acros in water without dip before returning to the tank.

Scorpius
10/23/2016, 09:58 PM
Bayer is less harsh on Acro's even on smooth skin varieties. I've found Coral Rx and Revive to be too harsh.

lee_d_m
10/25/2016, 03:13 AM
thanks guys, second dipping session didn't show any effects and I made a point to rinse the corals in water more thoroughly the second time so I suspect it was just residual revive left over from the dip.