PDA

View Full Version : Quaranting Flame fin tang or Bristletooth Tomini tang

Jeremy1988
10/16/2016, 11:22 PM
Hey there...wanting to buy one of these, have a well established 10 gallon quarantine tank I want to put him in...would these be big enough to quarantine it? The one I want is suppose to be under 2 inches, close to an inch and a half at the most fyi, thanks.

scooter31707
10/17/2016, 12:47 PM
That's a little hard to decide IMO. Tangs need their space. In this case I would recommend not doing it as they are from the same family which makes the odds go down. If it was the Tomini and a small YT, then I might say go for it.

Jeremy1988
10/17/2016, 01:07 PM
That's a little hard to decide IMO. Tangs need their space. In this case I would recommend not doing it as they are from the same family which makes the odds go down. If it was the Tomini and a small YT, then I might say go for it.

Hey sorry...I didn't make my post clear, its a tomini tang and its about an inch and a half long, and I'm only getting one...so you think its okay to quarantine just him in there then? Sorry for not being more clear.

scooter31707
10/17/2016, 01:27 PM
Oh yeah, plenty of room and you actually might can save some water and only put about 6-7 gallons in there at that size.

Jeremy1988
10/17/2016, 02:58 PM
Oh yeah, plenty of room and you actually might can save some water and only put about 6-7 gallons in there at that size.

Thanks yeah the quarantine has been running for about 6 months now...I phantom feed it and stuff so it can handle a bioload no problem. I thought the tang police would tear me a knew one just by mentioning what we discussed above lol

scooter31707
10/18/2016, 09:10 AM
It's not long term. I am doing a 5 inch tennenti tang now in a 20 long. At least you are making the effort of going through the quarantine process rather than just throwing it into the DT.

Jeremy1988
10/18/2016, 10:52 AM
Yeah I try, like I said he's only gonna be an inch long or inch in a half at that. I'm excited to get him...however the day it was supposed to be **** Bluezoo Aquatics emailed me and said it was still be quarantined and that it should be ready in a couple of days...didn't feel as good after reading that email. Hopefully its just them going thru protocol to quarantine a fish X amount of days or something, idk.

roberthu526
10/18/2016, 01:06 PM
It should be fine. Just be careful on the feeding and monitor ammonia closely. Established tank can still go downhill very fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scooter31707
10/18/2016, 01:27 PM
Yeah I try, like I said he's only gonna be an inch long or inch in a half at that. I'm excited to get him...however the day it was supposed to be **** Bluezoo Aquatics emailed me and said it was still be quarantined and that it should be ready in a couple of days...didn't feel as good after reading that email. Hopefully its just them going thru protocol to quarantine a fish X amount of days or something, idk.

I would get you 2 buckets, 2 50 watt heater, air pump, air tubing, and some airstones and do the TTM to treat ich with the new Tang. Also maybe think about during a Formalin Dip out of the bag. Not to scare you, but I am not very please with BZ.