PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhhhh good times

AboutAcans
10/17/2016, 09:54 PM
I love when I stop posting for three days cause I went to a fly fishing shop and bought the smallest hooks I could find, got some mysis on the end, and sat up for 3-days straight cause my six-line decided it wanted to start attacking everything in the tank for no reason. OUT-STAN-DING. Finally got him out and gave him to a friend with a tank that can handle that nonsense, rather than watch him chase everything around.

ReefsandGeeks
10/18/2016, 06:29 AM
Those days are the best! (sarcasm). I'm in the same boat with my hawkfish, but conveniently, I'm moving the tank today to my new house, and will be taking the hawkfish to the LFS while I'm at it. Great personality, but just far too aggressive for my liking. I wish I could put a tiny shock collar on him like a dog and give him a tiny zap every time he chased around one of my other fish. It'll be sad to see him go, but my other fish will thank me.

sde1500
10/18/2016, 07:46 AM
Ah man that stinks. I've read so many stories and posts like this, too bad because the six-line is a nice looking little fish.

homer1475
10/18/2016, 07:50 AM
After reading all the posts recently about the aggressiveness of the sixline, I'm kind of glad mine died during TTM. I eventually settled on a female leopard wrasse instead.

billdogg
10/18/2016, 07:58 AM
For me it was a Green Coris Wrasse. I took him back to the LFS where he spent several months in their predator tank with fish 10 times his size before somebody finally took him home.

I got a pair of Blue Star Leopard Wrasses and could not be happier. They are not only stunning to look at, they have devoured every single flatworm in the tank and now spend their days prowling amongst the rocks for whatever little morsel they can find.

xCry0x
10/18/2016, 01:07 PM
With wrasses I found that the water bottle traps work really well -- cut the top off a water bottle and invert it. Throw some food in there and they will inevitably swim in and get stuck.

I managed to catch a tiny little yellow clown goby that I impulse bought a few weeks ago - that was an achievement =)

Forgot they like to eat acros - put it in my tank and it immediately started chowing on polyps. Ended up coming at it with a net and a stick. Used the stick to chase it away from the rock work into the front of the tank then netted it.

Took a few tries.

CindyK
10/18/2016, 10:19 PM
Those days are the best! (sarcasm). I'm in the same boat with my hawkfish, but conveniently, I'm moving the tank today to my new house, and will be taking the hawkfish to the LFS while I'm at it. Great personality, but just far too aggressive for my liking. I wish I could put a tiny shock collar on him like a dog and give him a tiny zap every time he chased around one of my other fish. It'll be sad to see him go, but my other fish will thank me.

bummed to hear, I like hawkfish and was considering one. What variety was it?