PDA

View Full Version : Issues with RO Unit

jfingers8
10/21/2016, 03:23 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm in some desperate need of help here. I've had a RO unit for a long time, however, I've recently moved and I'm on a well. My incoming TDS is about 650. The thing that is really confusing me is the drain water coming out of my RO drain line is 1000. After membrane I'm getting 100 TDS which is only 90% (all brand new filters, including membrane). Why is the TDS on the drain line on my RO unit much higher than my main line?

Mishri
10/21/2016, 04:04 PM
I'd expect your waste water should be even higher, that is normal to have higher tds on the waste line.. more solids with less water.

That is also really high TDS.. most people start at 100, there is probably special setup you'd need to run with higher TDS.. maybe more pre-filter stages to clean it up before it hits the membrane... 2 sediments and a carbon I see recommended, and only do 2 carbon if you have seriously contaminated well water. Have you had your well water tested?

windlasher
10/21/2016, 05:42 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm in some desperate need of help here. I've had a RO unit for a long time, however, I've recently moved and I'm on a well. My incoming TDS is about 650. The thing that is really confusing me is the drain water coming out of my RO drain line is 1000. After membrane I'm getting 100 TDS which is only 90% (all brand new filters, including membrane). Why is the TDS on the drain line on my RO unit much higher than my main line?

Because the water in your drain line is full of all the crap it filtered out of your supply line.