PDA

View Full Version : How to pop out back motor bearing

jcs11236
10/23/2016, 08:10 AM
Giving the bk mini 160 a full cleaning and I am not sure how to pop out the. Ack motor block bearing. Any tips.
Also noticed a lil rust on the back side of shaft. This normal?
Thanks for any info provided

jcs11236
10/23/2016, 09:12 AM
Giving the bk mini 160 a full cleaning and I am not sure how to pop out the. Ack motor block bearing. Any tips.
Also noticed a lil rust on the back side of shaft. This normal?
Thanks for any info provided

jcs11236
10/23/2016, 09:15 AM
Got it out with a needle nose. The bearing is clean. No calcium build up.
Just concerned about the rust
Tried to scrub as much off as I could. Here pic

slief
10/23/2016, 10:18 AM
Glad you got it out. Post 2 of the thread covers bearing removal and insertion as well as routine mainenance. The rust is likely the result of some GFO dust (iron oxide) getting in there as that will collect on the magnet and rust and stain the plastic. That or the end of the impeller shaft is worn from calcium buildup between the end of the shaft and the bearing. That exposed end of the shaft should be smooth all the way to the base of the magnet. It's hard to tell from your picture but it almost looks like the shaft end is a bit worn down in diameter and steps out just below the magnet? Just scrub it with a brush when your cleaning it to remove any staining and you should be fine. If the shaft is worn, you might want to consider a new impeller in the not so distant future.

jcs11236
10/24/2016, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the help. No signs of worn on the shaft. Feels smooth from top to bottom. Used brush and the rust like stain came off.
Cleaned up and back to work the bkmini goes.

slief
10/25/2016, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the help. No signs of worn on the shaft. Feels smooth from top to bottom. Used brush and the rust like stain came off.
Cleaned up and back to work the bkmini goes.

:beer: