PDA

View Full Version : Additives I want to dose, but...

Yellow_donkey
10/25/2016, 09:18 PM
I currently dose 4 items. I have a 4 doser head pump and just bought the slave unit to expand it to eight as I have 3 more additives I currently dose by hand. However, one of the to be dosed items requires "shake very well" before each dose which I do now by hand before I manual dose. The additibe even has a mixing ball inside like a can of spray paint.

My question is, how are folks doseing additives that require shaking before use? If i simply dose from my reservior it is sure to seperate out. Anyone know how to automate this?

Thanks everyone.

vhuang168
10/25/2016, 11:42 PM
What brand of doser?

Some brands have a magnetic stirrer upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcgyvr
10/26/2016, 05:18 AM
yep.. you can pick up a magnetic stirrer on amazon/ebay for fairly cheap..

slief
10/26/2016, 05:56 AM
If you have a GHL Doser, this is the solution to your issue. If you don't have a GHL Doser, there are other stirrers that will work in conjunction with a controller.
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/usa/product/magnetic-stirrer-for-ghl-doser-2/

Yellow_donkey
10/26/2016, 11:04 AM
Ahh ok guy this is great!

I had seen these before and did think about it real quick for this situation but blew it off as not an option. I am using Jebao brand so it does not have an add-on option but I can simply place them on timers to kick on and off right before the dose is administered!

These will work great, thanks alot folks, this will work!

Yellow_donkey
10/26/2016, 11:10 AM
Also I am a big DIY guy, and I just saw this!

https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Stirplate-V2-Digital-Homebrew/dp/B00S5KWBPO/ref=sr_1_40?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1477501648&sr=1-40&keywords=magnetic+stirrer

I dont need that kit, but I can now make 10 of these with materials sitting around the house!

Computer Case fans at 120MM, power supplies on timmers and magnetic pills. The pills are the only things I need! This is going to be great, and fun!

Thanks again guys!