PDA

View Full Version : Dragon's Breath and Cheato

JeffyT
10/26/2016, 01:24 PM
Hi Reefers,

New to the macro algae game here.

I recently bought some from a fellow Reef Central member and in preparation for receiving the algae I also bought two breeder boxes.

Both have suction cups and will be placed in my DT.

My question for you guys is can the Dragons Breath house pods? like a safe haven?

Ive also read that if I want to keep Cheato, i should have it spinning with the flow? If i do that, can the cheato also be a safe haven for pods?

Michael Hoaster
10/26/2016, 11:08 PM
Spinning cheato works well, but isn't a requirement. Pods love the stuff! Not sure about dragon's breath.

JeffyT
10/27/2016, 12:17 PM
will the spinning cheato be a problem for the pods?

Michael Hoaster
10/27/2016, 03:13 PM
Yeah, you're going to need to carefully remove each pod, before you tumble it, so they don't get sea sick…kidding!

If they don't like the ride, they can get off. I would imagine they may prefer a more stable home, so maybe don't tumble, or tumble some but not all.

Ron Reefman
10/27/2016, 04:11 PM
It may grow better if it's tumbled, but I had a 2'x2'x14" refugium that got so packed with chaeto that it was pushing up a couple of inches above the water surface. When I grabbed it to pull some out it lifted up like a block of almost solid material! But that refugium was on a system that was far from pristine or sps quality... more like a lagoon.

JeffyT
10/28/2016, 11:38 AM
Yeah, you're going to need to carefully remove each pod, before you tumble it, so they don't get sea sick…kidding!

If they don't like the ride, they can get off. I would imagine they may prefer a more stable home, so maybe don't tumble, or tumble some but not all.

will tweezers work? :rollface:

i guess ill try and have good flow no tumbling.