PDA

View Full Version : ich..injury..something else

JodiM
11/01/2016, 06:34 AM
So I got this fish from a friend who didn't want to deal with return it to the store.. Before anyone says it, yes I am returning her to my LFS because my tank is not big enough for her.
She has been at my house for about 2 months now, just haven't had time to get her back to the store.. Hoping to this weekend..
But anyways I was inspecting my tank like i do every day and I noticed this one small white spot on her back.. I mean its tiny, no other spots on her at all that I can see. No spots on my other fish at all either.

She does hang out behind my rocks in a tight spot between the glass and the rocks.. I thought maybe an injury or something or something stuck to her.

She is eating normally, acting normal (swimming around, playing with the other fish)
Just curious what you guys think..
Sorry but trying to get a fish to stay still for a picture, is well, you know.. impossible.. This is the best I could do..

Thanks!

MrNurse
11/01/2016, 06:49 AM
Doesn't look like ich

JodiM
11/01/2016, 06:57 AM
Doesn't look like ich

thank you

AboutAcans
11/01/2016, 12:01 PM
Looks like you might need a grounding probe though.

peiloy3196
11/01/2016, 12:06 PM
Picture is blurry but the top fin looks like signs of HLLE.

AboutAcans
11/01/2016, 12:24 PM
Picture is blurry but the top fin looks like signs of HLLE.

I think that thing is catching itself on that one spot and the dorsal. See how if it smacked itself against a rock it would rub that area and get the fin right above it too like it struck the entire circled area...Only thing I can think of is it either just accidentally did it, which is unlikely with a surgeon, or I would guess stray voltage.