PDA

View Full Version : Tabling acro ID - bleaching

Greentree
11/01/2016, 04:41 PM
Hi everyone! I have this acro and it was this color when I got it about a month or two ago, minus the bleached spots. I do think it's due to lighting. I've since moved it to the outer area of the tank and dropped my the intensity of my radions 10%.

Can anyone ID this? Any other care tips? Thank you!

Greentree
11/06/2016, 05:42 PM
Hi guys! Any ideas? Please help, I want to make sure I've got it in the right light/flow so it will be healthy. I've posted in a few other areas as well without a single response. Any help is much appreciated :) thank you!

Greentree
11/06/2016, 06:09 PM
I just got home from being out of town for the weekend. I'm seeing that it's losing flesh in odd areas - between the branches. Is this a flow issue? Is it too late to save it? Please help!

Excuse the iPhone pic, I wanted to show the tissue loss.

Deahttub
11/06/2016, 07:40 PM
Doubt its a flow issue..hows the alk? Is it stable?

Greentree
11/06/2016, 08:04 PM
I was keeping it at 10 and decided do slowly drop it to 9.5, however it dropped faster than I expected and within about a week went from 10 to 8.9ish. I brought it back up to 9.5 over another week. I'm going to pick up a dosing system this week - I definitely never wanted to let it swing like that.

Do you think that's it? Anything I can do besides keeping it stable for now?

Deahttub
11/06/2016, 08:50 PM
Thats not a big swing at all.....ive dropped alk 1 point in a day, i let it the tank bring it down....how is the water change regimine?

Sometimes there is nothing we can do with a coral. Sometimes crap just happens. If everyone else looks good, then it could be a bunch of things...stressed coral, pest, fish, etc...ivehad corals tank, i leave them alone and they come back, didnt change a thing other than leaving it be...

Greentree
11/08/2016, 09:43 PM
Thanks Deahttub - yeah, I didn't think it was that huge of a swing either :/ darn! It's pretty frustrating. I did pick up a doser and hopefully that'll keep things stable, even if that's not the issue here.

Deahttub
11/09/2016, 08:34 PM
Thanks Deahttub - yeah, I didn't think it was that huge of a swing either :/ darn! It's pretty frustrating. I did pick up a doser and hopefully that'll keep things stable, even if that's not the issue here.

I will tell you, once i started using a doser, my corals thrived better than ever. I dose alk and cal every hour (one at 00, the other at 30)...

JonezNReef
11/10/2016, 10:14 AM
The pictures aren't the clearest but I am wondering if thats a deep water acro. If you aren't having any trouble with the rest of your SPS then you might want to try and move it to a different part of the tank.

Looks like a Blue Dragon Acro (walindi acropora)

pisanoal
11/10/2016, 11:52 AM
Don't make any major changes based on one piece. If everything else looks good, then keep going on what you are doing. If you start changing stuff for one piece, you might upset the whole balance and make the rest mad.

Greentree
11/13/2016, 09:37 PM
Ok, thanks guys! That's really helpful. This piece continues to go, makes me sad, but I'll continue to keep things stable and test frequently.