PDA

View Full Version : trigger and tang wont eat

greenvrod06
11/02/2016, 08:23 AM
blue jaw trigger and vercilles tang arnt eating, just kinda hiding out.
havnt seen them eat in over a week, any suggestions

scooter31707
11/02/2016, 08:45 AM
Give a little more history of the fish. Are they in a QT or DT? Was it bought online or at LFS? Have you dosed any meds? What have you tried to feed? I know Bluethroats can be shy at first and it may take awhile for them to come around. No experience with that specific Tang. Have you tried Nori?

Snorkel79
11/02/2016, 08:48 AM
Are these new additions? Did you ever see them eat?

How old is the tank? what other livestock is in there?

Are they gasping, is there any spots on their body, stringing white poop, swollen gills?

What have you been feeding?

For the tang, you may want to put some Nori on a clip or wrap it around a piece of PVC pipe with elastic band.

Try some frozen mysis or call the store you got them from to see what they were being fed.

greenvrod06
11/02/2016, 11:20 AM
both fish have been in dt for over a year, i did just do some rearranging in the tank.
i feed nori, frozen mysis and krill. i just installed a rodi in my basement and have been doing 20 percent water changes every 5 days.

scooter31707
11/02/2016, 01:56 PM
Ok. Besides rearranging have you added anything wet to the tank recently? They still could be nervous/stress over the rearrangement.

greenvrod06
11/03/2016, 06:33 AM
added a couple more powerheads thats it.

anthonys51
11/03/2016, 12:42 PM
normally fish not eating for a week after being in a tank for a year is a bad sign. escpecially when you didnt add any livestock to the tank.
dont think rearranging the tank would spoke them that long. but maybe you could have disturbed the nitrogen cycle when you rearranged the tank. maybe crap under a rock which was leaching slowly all came out at once. just a guess, or maybe the fish are stressed and you spooking them was enough to get them sick.
test your water to make sure those are in-line

dont rule anything out until you proved it wrong. Sherlock Holmes