PDA

View Full Version : after power outage V2 not starting up...

Devaji108
11/02/2016, 09:56 PM
so my V2 can been running smoothy for quite some time now. I went on vacation and we had power outage (of course right ) the power was out for a few hours once on, the light did not fire back up and continue with its program. so tank was with out light for 4 to 5 days good thing I cut my trip short.

light came on via the remote once I was home but is there a way around this? be nice if the light would just resume it program!

any thoughts Logan?

Ron Reefman
11/03/2016, 05:05 AM
Devaji108, sorry to read about your power outage issue with the V2. Here in SW Florida power outages are a common thing. Some for just seconds to others that last for hours. I've had fixtures just like the original Photons for 4 years and now Photon V2 for a couple of months and they always have come back on with no issues. The old ones would fire up and light up the display (which I always kept turned off) but that was kind of a signal that we had a power outage. We've only had a few since the new fixtures have been installed and they have worked fine.

Just so we (I) understand; your lights were out when you came home and you were able to turn them on with the remote? And they still had the Custom programming saved and it ran OK even with the correct time?

If I were you, I'd try to replicate the problem by either unplugging the fixture or putting it on a circuit that you could turn off and on at the circuit breakers without turning off other equipment. Maybe try short and long power outages, maybe even overnight for a long outage. See what happens and go from there.

Good luck.

Devaji108
11/03/2016, 09:05 PM
Hey Ron,
yup that is what happened came home to a dark tank. everything is ok only a few days (5)of no lights.

I was thinking the same I should try to replicate the power outage. be easy to do just like you suggested.

I speculate once the power came back on the power in the remote was dead so it could not communicate with the light. I 1st had to charge the remote to fire the light back up. now if that is the case that would be a design flaw...

does anyone know if the program is saved in the remote or the light it self?

anyway I am going to play around with turning off the power for periods of time and see what happens I'll report back.

Ron Reefman
11/04/2016, 04:50 PM
Wow, I never thought of that scenario, the power goes out and comes back on but the remote is in need of a charge. Just a guess on my part, but it sounds like a very possible result. Next time my remote needs to be charged I'll have to try testing the theory... unless Logan can tell us that that is exactly what happened.

Devaji108
11/12/2016, 01:49 AM
Logan any ideas why this happened? still have yet to test by turning off the power to the light. guess I should tho...

Ron Reefman
11/12/2016, 06:13 AM
Devaji108, I'm with you. I'm just waiting for the battery in my remotes to run out of charge again so I can try the power outage with dead remotes. I still think that is what happened.

Reef_Breeders
11/13/2016, 07:51 PM
Logan any ideas why this happened? still have yet to test by turning off the power to the light. guess I should tho...

The program should be saved in the light, I would recommend unplugging it and seeing what happens.

Perhaps the time shifted, so it was off when you arrived at home, but was running at some point before then?

Devaji108
11/26/2016, 10:40 PM
no it was off for a few days... 5 to be exact.
the programe seams to be working but I have yet to unplug it need to tho so I fel comfortable for my 3 week trip in feb.