PDA

View Full Version : Finger Coral Pests?

aras
11/03/2016, 05:31 PM
My finger coral hasn't opened for 3 or 4 weeks. Some places now started to get covered in brown patches (algea?) so really not looking good. None of the other corals seem to be affected so I was wondering is there were some pest involved...
Then, finally this evening I noticed some small creatures on the coral. Don't think these are flatworms (different shape, move too fast)... Any ideas what they are and whether they could be damaging the coral? Here is a short video.

https://youtu.be/bZrwW5mDM5w

mcgyvr
11/04/2016, 05:28 PM
Looks like just pods from here.. They are not the cause of any damage..

Have you tried increasing flow or moving it in the tank? Was it doing well and for how long?

aras
11/05/2016, 12:04 PM
That's good then, thanks. Haven't noticed any pods in my tank until now so was not sure what they were...

I had this coral for about 6 months. Was doing fine and opened most of the time, sometimes would close for a few days but I think that's normal...

Just did Coral-RX dip (just in case) and moved it to higher flow area. Will see if there are any improvements in a few days...

aras
11/17/2016, 04:04 PM
Great news! In the new location coral fully recovered. Now happy and fully opened all the time! It probably was lack of flow...