PDA

View Full Version : Killings in my tank

PirateLove
11/04/2016, 12:31 PM
So I woke up this morning to my female clown dead. She was wedged in a rock crevasse and was eaten halfway by something. I only have two clowns, a pistol shrimp, and a few hermits. The only thing I can think is that when I left the house yesterday my light stayed on all day (it is usually on all night) and after 24 or more hours of being awake by the light she was so tired she was attacked by my pistol shrimp and couldn't fight back. Very sad as she was a partner for my prized and favorite clown-fish. I could only pull half of her body out of the rock work.

Does anyone have any ideas of what could have happened?

blennymower
11/04/2016, 01:04 PM
Or your clown died of another cause and a scavenger like the pistol shrimp ate it after it died.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Sk8r
11/04/2016, 01:35 PM
Pistol shrimps will kill if crowded. Or sometimes just because they feel like it.

Fiver
11/04/2016, 09:02 PM
I believe my pistol shrimp ripped up my orchid dottyback's fins when they slept in the same rock at night. The fish recovered once the shrimp moved to a new part of the tank.

But it is possible it died of something else and was eaten afterward. Or, that you have some kind of bad hitchhiking crab in your rock.