PDA

View Full Version : I dropped the hammer

MartyG
11/06/2016, 09:33 AM
I have a fairly new biocube 32 and decided to add my first coral... yellow hammer. I accidentally dropped the bag on the kitchen floor and it was ugly. Pieces of flesh floating around everywhere in the bag. Once I placed it in the tank I could see all the damaged tenticles but only one day later it's actually looking much better. Hoping for a complete recovery. See the 2 pics just one day apart.

NanoReefWanabe
11/06/2016, 10:35 AM
It seems better. ... do you have a pic of it closed? It looks as though the flesh has receded quite a bit. ... generally they cover the top edge of the skeleton a bit more

MartyG
11/06/2016, 11:28 AM
It seems better. ... do you have a pic of it closed? It looks as though the flesh has receded quite a bit. ... generally they cover the top edge of the skeleton a bit more
That's as closed as it would get, as soon as I put it in the tank it started to open slightly.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

havasuviking1
11/06/2016, 09:31 PM
I think that it will be okay.

oldhead
11/10/2016, 10:31 AM
I actually was doing some siphoning and accidentally caught my torch coral and sucked off 2 heads. Made me sick to my stomach. It was only 3 heads at the time. It has since bounced back and now has around 7 heads.

MartyG
11/10/2016, 11:19 AM
It's doing much better, almost can't even tell I dropped it.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B2qTe-aUB7FNeExrQkpaNzJMYW8