PDA

View Full Version : The Happy Couple

laga77
11/09/2016, 10:58 AM
I have had the male for 3 months and the female for two weeks before putting together in my Seahorse tank. They went together last Sunday night and had a little problem with the male picking on the female. I turned the lights off early overnight and the next day they were fine. Both are eating everything I put in the tank and hardly ever pick at the piece of Acro in the tank. There favorite is live worms and blender mush. They also eat Mysis and live BS. The male came from Bluezoo and was extremely emaciated, ate only live BBS at first. The female is from DD and was skinny but not bad, ate everything from the start except live BBS. If all goes well this will make my 11th bonded pair of fish. The others are 2-pairs of Flame Hawkfish, Longnose Hawkfish, Matted Filefish, Mandarins, Red Mandarins, Red Scooter Mandarins, H.Erectus Seahorses, Maroon Clowns, and Marine Bettas.

Flaring Afro
11/09/2016, 11:17 AM
Those are cool fish. I wish I could keep one with the other fish I want. Do they ever breed in captivity?

laga77
11/09/2016, 11:28 AM
. Do they ever breed in captivity?

Yes they do.

Moort82
11/10/2016, 05:17 AM
Extremely jealous. These guys are my fa our it species but never thought I could care for them.

noob916
11/10/2016, 09:26 AM
Nice!

What the name of the fish call?

SecretiveFish
11/10/2016, 09:48 AM
Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

For about a week I thought about keeping one of those, but then my brain came back, and I realized there was no way I could keep one alive! :)

Moort82
11/10/2016, 10:58 AM
I hate tablets and their changing of words. I meant they are my favourite fish and like secretive fish mentions, haven't tried them because I'm not confident I have the ability to keep them alive.

They are orangespot filefish noob

laga77
11/10/2016, 04:39 PM
I hate tablets and their changing of words. I meant they are my favourite fish and like secretive fish mentions, haven't tried them because I'm not confident I have the ability to keep them alive.

They are orangespot filefish noob

The only hard part is they need multiple feedings throughout the day using a variety of fresh foods. Actually, that could be said about 95% of the reef fish we keep.

Moort82
11/11/2016, 02:34 AM
The only hard part is they need multiple feedings throughout the day using a variety of fresh foods. Actually, that could be said about 95% of the reef fish we keep.

But that's assuming you can get them onto substitute foods and not their more natural diet. Which is the bit I can't dedicate enough time for unfortunately. One day I might have a pair but for now its nice to admire others successes.