PDA

View Full Version : ATI 36" 8x39W Dimmable SunPower w/Controller

DivingTheWorld
11/09/2016, 12:37 PM
I'm curious why you don't carry this one? You seem to carry all the other ATI fixtures. Any particular reason you don't carry this one?

RT_BRS
11/09/2016, 02:03 PM
I'm curious why you don't carry this one? You seem to carry all the other ATI fixtures. Any particular reason you don't carry this one?

Honestly, I am unsure why. I'm bringing it up in our next meeting. Thanks! :thumbsup:

DivingTheWorld
11/09/2016, 02:10 PM
Honestly, I am unsure why. I'm bringing it up in our next meeting. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Thanks, it's one I'm considering and I greatly prefer buying from you guys! Maybe on Black Friday...wink wink.

RT_BRS
11/09/2016, 03:37 PM
Thanks, it's one I'm considering and I greatly prefer buying from you guys! Maybe on Black Friday...wink wink.

Is it going over your LeeMar?

DivingTheWorld
11/09/2016, 05:10 PM
Is it going over your LeeMar?

Yes, that's my plan. I'm mostly SPS and my two XR15w Pros are not cutting it. I get good color and they do grow, but very slowly. I'm looking for better color and much faster growth.

swiftvision
11/09/2016, 06:40 PM
ATI 8x24 T5 hybrid LED....

Looking to also order on BF if on sale.......

RT_BRS
11/10/2016, 12:22 PM
Yes, that's my plan. I'm mostly SPS and my two XR15w Pros are not cutting it. I get good color and they do grow, but very slowly. I'm looking for better color and much faster growth.

Awesome! You might be able to keep the XR15's and supplement the T5 with them as well. We have been really happy with our hybrid setup.

DivingTheWorld
11/11/2016, 09:01 AM
Awesome! You might be able to keep the XR15's and supplement the T5 with them as well. We have been really happy with our hybrid setup.

I was thinking about that because I really love the look and configuration of my Radions. But the ATI fixture would cover my tank completely. I'd have to figure out some way to disassemble the Radions and integrate them into the ATI fixture. Once person mentioned that they just removed the two center bulbs from the ATI and put the radions there.

Another option is I might go with a EuroQuatics Blue Pop LED bulb in the fixture in place of one of the T5 bulbs. That way I would get the LED look with no extra retrofit. But it looks like you guys don't carry those either! :deadhorse1:

RT_BRS
11/11/2016, 01:15 PM
I was thinking about that because I really love the look and configuration of my Radions. But the ATI fixture would cover my tank completely. I'd have to figure out some way to disassemble the Radions and integrate them into the ATI fixture. Once person mentioned that they just removed the two center bulbs from the ATI and put the radions there.

Another option is I might go with a EuroQuatics Blue Pop LED bulb in the fixture in place of one of the T5 bulbs. That way I would get the LED look with no extra retrofit. But it looks like you guys don't carry those either! :deadhorse1:

Good call! Actually, we did initially test out some of those E5 bulbs. They were really cool, but there were a few features that kept us from ordering them. That being said, it sounds like they have made some changes to the product and we are going to be taking a look at them again. :)

Rakie
11/16/2016, 07:45 PM
Good call! Actually, we did initially test out some of those E5 bulbs. They were really cool, but there were a few features that kept us from ordering them. That being said, it sounds like they have made some changes to the product and we are going to be taking a look at them again. :)

I think the E5 bulbs are perfect for that characteristic LED pop in a dirt cheap retrofit, or AquaticLife fixture. But I'm not entirely sure they're up to replacing a T5 bulb, sadly. Maybe if Reef Brite made some T5 XHO LED's..

LED is getting better every couple years, But people who add T5's to their top of the line Radions see massive growth/coloration improvements, and people who add Halides to their T5's say the same.

All lighting sources seem to do something the other's don't, and everyone running one type gets an improvement by adding another.

DivingTheWorld
11/17/2016, 09:24 AM

Any news on the ATI 36" 8x39 Dimmable? It looks like the Black Friday sales are starting at some of the dealers, but I'd love to buy it from you you guys if you have it available and it falls under your Black Friday sale.

RT_BRS
11/17/2016, 05:45 PM
I think the E5 bulbs are perfect for that characteristic LED pop in a dirt cheap retrofit, or AquaticLife fixture. But I'm not entirely sure they're up to replacing a T5 bulb, sadly. Maybe if Reef Brite made some T5 XHO LED's..

LED is getting better every couple years, But people who add T5's to their top of the line Radions see massive growth/coloration improvements, and people who add Halides to their T5's say the same.

All lighting sources seem to do something the other's don't, and everyone running one type gets an improvement by adding another.

Totally agree, we couldn't be happier with our hybrid setup over the 160. T5 plus Kessil AP700 has worked well. That is why I am excited to get my hands on another sample of the E5, there is a lot of potential there!

Any news on the ATI 36" 8x39 Dimmable? It looks like the Black Friday sales are starting at some of the dealers, but I'd love to buy it from you you guys if you have it available and it falls under your Black Friday sale.

Thanks, I certainly appreciate it! It's still on our radar, however I'm unsure if we will be able to get it in within the next few weeks.