PDA

View Full Version : reefbrite led's xho or tech?

JohnnyHildo
11/09/2016, 08:03 PM
i'm looking to add an actinic effect to the front of my ati 8 bulb 48" fixture on my standard 120g and figured one of these would be ideal. i only intend to supplement lighting to add some pop but am conflicted whether or not the tech will be enough light to get down to the bottom of the tank.
anyone have experience with either of these be it good or bad?

ReefCowboy
11/09/2016, 10:32 PM
XHO for sure. It pops amazing colors. Lime greens almost turn yellow under these leds...
What length are you planning on getting?

JohnnyHildo
11/13/2016, 10:42 AM
XHO for sure. It pops amazing colors. Lime greens almost turn yellow under these leds...
What length are you planning on getting?

the full length of the tank which would be a 48". my 8-bulb fixture is very capable of lighting the system so i just wanted to be cautious that the xho wouldn't nuke my tank with light.

ReefCowboy
11/13/2016, 10:51 AM
the full length of the tank which would be a 48". my 8-bulb fixture is very capable of lighting the system so i just wanted to be cautious that the xho wouldn't nuke my tank with light.

A 36" XHO would light the tank popping colors plenty. You wouldnt nuke anything

Tron_954
11/13/2016, 10:54 AM
It will help with POP, i don't hear too much shimmer effect, i have one 24" tech added to my 24" 4x24 ati... looking to add a second 24" blue tech...

you'll love these.

moondoggy4
11/13/2016, 12:22 PM
The 50/50 will give shimmer but not the most popular spectrum. Around 10k but not yellow.

Adamc1303
12/14/2016, 05:31 PM
I used 2 Build My Led blue strips. BML doesn't make aquarium products anymore. They're regular lights had more LED's that also ran at higher wattages then the Reefbrite XHO's. FWIW my glass would get covered in algae very very quickly. It would look like it hans't been clean in a week every two days. I never attributed it to the LED's. One time the fixture got disconnected and I didn't fix it for a few days and my glass was 80% cleaner. I am saying this because I think strong blue LED's can increase algae growth after what I experienced.