PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed AC3 Pro currently a brick

tthayer
11/10/2016, 09:32 AM
Hi All,

I applied the firmware 3.4 update to my AC3 Pro last night and halfway through the update the acloader crashed. When I looked at my controller, the screen was blank and when I restarted the acloader, it would not communicate with the unit. I have since tried restarting the unit several times and even tried the update flash option from the boot menu. Nothing works and the unit is essentially a brick now. It was working perfectly fine before this.

Does anyone know of any other way to load the firmware back on or to bring this unit back to life?

Thanks,

Tom

tthayer
11/10/2016, 05:45 PM
Support helped me out and worked with me to make sure I have a new APEX unit by tomorrow. Cannot say enough about the level of support these people offer.

Thank you very much to the Neptune staff. :)

Antipodes
11/10/2016, 06:06 PM
Thanks for letting us know and very nice to see.

JS_racer
12/08/2016, 09:05 AM
thats good, so the ac3 was smoked and you upgraded ??
glad they were good to deal with and helped.

slief
12/08/2016, 01:33 PM
Support helped me out and worked with me to make sure I have a new APEX unit by tomorrow. Cannot say enough about the level of support these people offer.

Thank you very much to the Neptune staff. :)

Wow. Having been an original AquaController user for many years prior to upgrading to the Apex, you will be absolutely thrilled if you aren't already as the improvement is monumental. I had the first gen AquaController that I bought in 1995 and used it all the way up until around 2010 when the first Apex was released which is when I made the switch. I still use that Apex to this date and love it. I have a very very extensive Apex system and it's been worth it's weight in gold. The Apex is light years ahead of the ACIII in every way.