PDA

View Full Version : Aquaforest available now!

RT_BRS
11/10/2016, 01:37 PM
I've been running the LPS system on my tank and I have to say, this is a really refined and easy to use line of additives.

Is anyone else using any of their products?

Find them here:

http://media.cdn.bulkreefsupply.com/media/wysiwyg/Heros/AquaForest.png

Shop Aquaforest (http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brands/aquaforest.html)

rtparty
11/10/2016, 01:44 PM
After some of their responses on here in their forum, it will be good to have you guys providing customer service!

soulpatch
11/11/2016, 09:56 AM
How does their salt stack up against HW Marinemix you sell? I have a mixed tank and utilize AWC with the HW salt. I have a calcium reactor and do not do any of the balling products nor intend to but the Aquaforest salt would be cheaper then the HW Marinemix.

Which one would I use for a mixed tank and do they hold up in a container for up to 2 weeks for AWC?

RT_BRS
11/11/2016, 02:07 PM
How does their salt stack up against HW Marinemix you sell? I have a mixed tank and utilize AWC with the HW salt. I have a calcium reactor and do not do any of the balling products nor intend to but the Aquaforest salt would be cheaper then the HW Marinemix.

Which one would I use for a mixed tank and do they hold up in a container for up to 2 weeks for AWC?

I haven't had a chance to do a level comparison...yet. But with that being said I have been using the Probiotic salt on my tank in the office. It mixes up really nice, and includes a measuring scoop.

For a mixed tank, if you don't plan on running the Probiotic system I would likely recommend going with the Reef Salt

Jon532
11/11/2016, 08:53 PM
I've been using this on my system and love it so far... however finding products in stock or from
Amazon was always hard. That being said I'm SUPER EXCITED about BRS carrying these products!!! Thanks guys!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shaywood
11/12/2016, 11:11 AM
Is there a video out there that provides an overview about how to use the products?

RT_BRS
11/14/2016, 09:52 AM
I've been using this on my system and love it so far... however finding products in stock or from
Amazon was always hard. That being said I'm SUPER EXCITED about BRS carrying these products!!! Thanks guys!!!

Is there a video out there that provides an overview about how to use the products?

Not quite yet, but that's a fantastic idea. In the meantime, check out their guide:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/brsinstructions/brsAquaforest/Aquaforest_Products-Guide_EN_RGB.pdf

RT_BRS
11/14/2016, 09:53 AM

Awesome! Are you using the whole system or bits and pieces?

Scorpius
11/15/2016, 01:59 PM
Wish ESV salt was carried by BRS.

RT_BRS
11/15/2016, 03:42 PM
Wish ESV salt was carried by BRS.

It's a possibility, I'll add it to the list of ideas :D

ryeguyy84
11/17/2016, 02:11 PM
bought some Aquaforest zeo media a few days ago from you guys, I want to see how it compares to zeovit. i'm sure it's the same thing, the 5000ml is cheaper though :-)

RT_BRS
11/17/2016, 06:43 PM
bought some Aquaforest zeo media a few days ago from you guys, I want to see how it compares to zeovit. i'm sure it's the same thing, the 5000ml is cheaper though :-)

Nice! Are you running the full blown system?

Rakie
11/17/2016, 08:58 PM
I'm running bits and pieces of it and have noticed some solid improvements. Aminos, Coral Energy, Bio S, -np pro, Pro Bio S. Notably, their bacteria (Bio S / Pro Bio S) are little nukes.. I liked my system running slightly higher on N03/P04, after a couple doses I didn't expect much, testing surprised me.. In 3 days my numbers went from 20/.03 ---> 0/0

Definitely didn't see that much of a shock coming from a couple drops of it. But if you're looking for any bacteria this is great stuff.

ryeguyy84
11/17/2016, 10:36 PM
I use the stones, zeostart, zeobac and amino only when colors start to fade. I quickly looked over the aqua forest guide but it actually seems more confusing than the zeovit guide. I might just need to sit down and do a bit more research

RT_BRS
11/18/2016, 10:53 AM
I'm running bits and pieces of it and have noticed some solid improvements. Aminos, Coral Energy, Bio S, -np pro, Pro Bio S. Notably, their bacteria (Bio S / Pro Bio S) are little nukes.. I liked my system running slightly higher on N03/P04, after a couple doses I didn't expect much, testing surprised me.. In 3 days my numbers went from 20/.03 ---> 0/0

Definitely didn't see that much of a shock coming from a couple drops of it. But if you're looking for any bacteria this is great stuff.

That's awesome to hear! I have seen some pretty positive effects on my tank as well running the LPS system.

GoVols
12/03/2016, 04:56 PM
Started using their products about a year ago when they first hit the USA.

The Component 1+ 2+ 3+ is ---- AWESOME stuff!!!!

My problem was their Reef Salt...

I went through six different buckets, ordered on six separate orders / 1 bucket at a time between Amazon and Salt Supply.

I had 2 buckets (#2 and #6) come in at about 350-Calcium and 6DKH -Alk.

Always mix to 1.025 SG. Cross checked against (API/ Red Sea Pro and Elos) test kits.

Took samples to my LFS and they verified my SG and all other parameters.

Called the US distributor on both occasions. They responded by saying AF must have put
Sea Salt in Reef Salt buckets. Never asked for a sample or replacement. So, I went back to Brightwells.

If their buckets would have stayed within their QC sheet I would still be using AF Reef Salt today. If I wanted to mix up my parameters I would go back to IO purple.

Hopefully AF has got this QC issue fixed for current and future customers.

I mix 3 - 5 gallon jugs once a week (At the Same Time) for my weekly water changes. Jug 1 finished my current bucket of salt. Opened new bucket and mixed into jugs 2 and 3 which tested to the low Cal and Alk #'s. All 3 jugs came in at 1.025 SG. Jug 1 was still holding NSW parameters.

I order six order's

#1 Dead on specs.
#2 Low #'s
#'s 3-5 Dead on Specs
#6 Low #'s

RT_BRS
12/05/2016, 10:09 AM
Started using their products about a year ago when they first hit the USA.

The Component 1+ 2+ 3+ is ---- AWESOME stuff!!!!

My problem was their Reef Salt...

I went through six different buckets, ordered on six separate orders / 1 bucket at a time between Amazon and Salt Supply.

I had 2 buckets (#2 and #6) come in at about 350-Calcium and 6DKH -Alk.

Always mix to 1.025 SG. Cross checked against (API/ Red Sea Pro and Elos) test kits.

Took samples to my LFS and they verified my SG and all other parameters.

Called the US distributor on both occasions. They responded by saying AF must have put
Sea Salt in Reef Salt buckets. Never asked for a sample or replacement. So, I went back to Brightwells.

If their buckets would have stayed within their QC sheet I would still be using AF Reef Salt today. If I wanted to mix up my parameters I would go back to IO purple.

Hopefully AF has got this QC issue fixed for current and future customers.

I mix 3 - 5 gallon jugs once a week (At the Same Time) for my weekly water changes. Jug 1 finished my current bucket of salt. Opened new bucket and mixed into jugs 2 and 3 which tested to the low Cal and Alk #'s. All 3 jugs came in at 1.025 SG. Jug 1 was still holding NSW parameters.

I order six order's

#1 Dead on specs.
#2 Low #'s
#'s 3-5 Dead on Specs
#6 Low #'s

Interesting! We haven't seen this, and frankly it's the first I've heard of it. Did you try mixing the salt mix by hand to stir up any settled layers? Thanks for sharing!

GoVols
12/05/2016, 02:54 PM
Please read below / slowly

I mix 3 - 5 gallon jugs once a week (At the Same Time) for my weekly water changes.

Jug 1 finished my current bucket of salt (Bucket #5).

Opened new (Bucket #6) and mixed into jugs 2 and 3 which tested to the low Cal and Alk #'s. All 3 jugs came in at 1.025 SG.

-----Jug 1 was still holding NSW parameters.--------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No I mix with re circulation pumps. As done for the past 8 years.

Go the the AF thread, see on page 2 / "Batch of bad salt, foreign objects in salt -- 1.026 = 5.8 dKH" thread.

This is nothing new and hope AF gets their QC issues resolved.

Like I said this was only MY findings.

Their Component 1+ 2+ 3+ is the most stable dosing solutions I ever used!

Regards, GoVols

RT_BRS
12/05/2016, 05:04 PM
No I mix with re circulation pumps. As done for the past 8 years.

Oops, sorry for the confusion. I meant the dry salt/powder. During shipping heavier elements can settle out to the bottom of the bucket.

GoVols
12/05/2016, 05:55 PM
I always roll my salt before initial use.

If I buy Tropic Marin, I have a big heavy duty plastic bag to mix in the pour it back into TM bucket. My wife always loves to see me open a new bucket... She just comes into the kitchen before I ask for her help (lol)

I'll say this... Aquaforest has the best bags inside buckets to roll your salt.

I pulled the entire AF bag out of bucket, adjust plastic tie to top of bag and my wife always helps me roll (mix) on kitchen floor. With out her help it's hard to get bag back in AF bucket.

They are super tall and strong.

Also the 2 low parameter buckets had to be dosed up during mixing all the way to bottom of the buckets, until I finished buckets.

Thanks for your input!

GoVols
12/05/2016, 06:05 PM
Did you take time to read this thread?

Go the the AF Forum, see on page 2
"Batch of bad salt, foreign objects in salt -- 1.026 = 5.8 dKH"

So AF has so QC issues. Not the end of the world. If they address them, I'm happy switch back if they hold their price point.

I remember 2011 - 2012 Tropic Marin Pro Reef mix had issues and was fixed.

This is why I always check parameters when using a new bucket. I don't follow any manufacture blindly. Once it's in tour reef and you see bad things happen it's could be too late.

RT_BRS
12/05/2016, 06:15 PM
Did you take time to read this thread?

Go the the AF Forum, see on page 2
"Batch of bad salt, foreign objects in salt -- 1.026 = 5.8 dKH"

So AF has so QC issues. Not the end of the world. If they address them, I'm happy switch back if they hold their price point.

I remember 2011 - 2012 Tropic Marin Pro Reef mix had issues and was fixed.

This is why I always check parameters when using a new bucket. I don't follow any manufacture blindly. Once it's in tour reef and you see bad things happen it's could be too late.

Could you shoot me a link? We'll keep our eyes open. Haven't experienced anything yet. :)

GoVols
12/05/2016, 06:42 PM
see if this works

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2605639

RT_BRS
12/06/2016, 05:15 PM
see if this works

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2605639

Thanks for the link. I'll keep my eyes open. So far we haven't seen that :thumbsup: