PDA

View Full Version : Coral tilting

grumpyray
11/10/2016, 10:38 PM
Hi all, my waving hand coral has been growing well and starting to tilt to one side. Is there anything I should do to whether leave it alone or move it to a more stable location? Thanks! Raymond

mcgyvr
11/11/2016, 09:16 AM
It really won't cause problems.. Is it just from too much flow? Is it directly effected by your powerheads..
You can move it if you are concerned but I wouldn't..
I've got a 12"+ umbrella leather that is "tilted" a good 6" or so from flow.. It just keeps stretching and is just fine..

grumpyray
11/11/2016, 12:07 PM
Thanks. It looks the same whether the powerhead on or not. It looks like it's going to detach from the rock soon, and I thought maybe there is something I should do. I never frag or cut a coral before so I like to get some inputs and direction on how to.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

bill120reef
11/11/2016, 05:53 PM
is there another coral bothering it/stinging? it cold also be reaching for light?

grumpyray
11/12/2016, 12:07 AM
is there another coral bothering it/stinging? it cold also be reaching for light?
It's sitting a few inches from other corals. I don't know if there is too much stress to the root with the bending and if it's going to die. Thanks.

grumpyray
11/12/2016, 12:28 AM
It's sitting a few inches from other corals. I don't know if there is too much stress to the root with the bending and if it's going to die. Thanks.