PDA

View Full Version : Flipper approves the JB wave

Flippers4pups
11/12/2016, 03:25 PM
Jebao's wave pumps in my book are a great value for what they do, move water. But, their stock controllers are, for lack of better words, disappointing.

I know there are other options out there for pumps and have their pluses and minuses, but those of us on reefing budgets and don't have "Ferrari" money, the jebao's are good. Just clean them and they work great. (My RW's going strong now for over two years)

So I've never had luck keeping mine in sync. Set them and later in the the day, out of wack! Urgh!

Doing research for a replacement controller for these came up with a lot of options, but the one that stood out was the JB wave. Design allows for control of two pumps and choice of usb, Android and apple control via Bluetooth through a app.

Easy installation of the controller to the pumps and connect to my phone was easy. The software interface is basic and can be involved, but was easily understood in less than five minutes of use. There's a online user manual that covers everything and is easy to understand.

The control is awesome and I especially like having the pumps ramp up to speed without that sudden push of water at startup. No more spooking my fish!

As for timing, flawless. Alternating wave pattern is what I use and can control ramp time and overall duration of the wave. Very cool and in sync!

I also use the night mode which is full customizable for time and flow rate. No optical sensor.

I haven't played with the other pre settings yet, pulse, sweep, custom schedules.......

So overall, if you have jebao's and want or need to have precise control of them, this is the one. Near vortec control for less than half the cost!

Very pleased! Flipper approves!

GOSKN5
11/13/2016, 07:52 AM
Glad to hear... I am debating one myself... can you make a random flow pattern that only goes up to a certain power setting? Sort of like reefcrest on vortechs?

moondoggy4
11/13/2016, 12:23 PM
They make two versions one wireed and wireless.

Flippers4pups
11/13/2016, 07:24 PM
Glad to hear... I am debating one myself... can you make a random flow pattern that only goes up to a certain power setting? Sort of like reefcrest on vortechs?

Absolutely.

AddictReef
11/13/2016, 09:40 PM
Do you have any comparison with the aqualink s1. I'm trying to decide between that and the JB wave.

I currently mostly use c mode alternating.

Does the JBwave allow alternating and reefcrest style mode at the same time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ou8me2
11/13/2016, 10:06 PM
This looks pretty awesome and thanks for sharing your experience. I went to the website and did some reading on it and also was reading the user's manual.

http://www.joejaworski.com/jebao/jbmanual.pdf

Main site is : http://www.joejaworski.com/jebao/index.html

I think I'm gonna get one of these soon.

Flippers4pups
11/14/2016, 02:05 PM
Do you have any comparison with the aqualink s1. I'm trying to decide between that and the JB wave.

I currently mostly use c mode alternating.

Does the JBwave allow alternating and reefcrest style mode at the same time?

You should be able to do that in custom schedules.

AddictReef
11/14/2016, 11:13 PM
You should be able to do that in custom schedules.

Awesome sounds great. I just ordered one last night. It will power my rw8 and PP15.

Looking forward to receiving it.