PDA

View Full Version : New England Frag Farmer's Market 3/11/17

fitch4
11/16/2016, 08:06 AM
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/fitch4CT/d0c70df6-9f26-4d5e-94d3-6ec4bdf7c302_zpsnazbwtli.jpg (http://s557.photobucket.com/user/fitch4CT/media/d0c70df6-9f26-4d5e-94d3-6ec4bdf7c302_zpsnazbwtli.jpg.html)

Yup, its that time again! Here is the information for the 10th annual New England Frag Farmer's Market hosted by the E.O. Smith Coral Project at E.O. Smith High School in Storrs, CT. The 2017 FFM will be on March 11th, 2017 with doors open from 11am till 5pm. From it's small start 9 years ago, it has grown into the biggest swap in NE, with over 60 vendors selling and over 1000 people in attendance last year. It brings in some of the biggest names in frags to stand next to the small scale hobbyist who is selling their homegrown crop. Tons of corals for sale at great prices- not to be missed. I will post a list of sellers as it comes together. Definitely save the date!
As in past years, I am always looking for hobbyists who are interested in selling at the FFM. Sticking with the original idea of the FFM, where a hobbyist can sell their homegrown corals at a big show, with low investment of time and $, I will always try to find a space for the little guy. If anyone is interested, or knows someone who is, have them get in touch with me and I can get the details worked out. Even if you only have a small frag tank with a few frags, it is worth it!

More info and details to come!
-Jon Swanson
E.O. Smith Coral Project

AdamD76
11/18/2016, 08:33 AM
nice! only 3 hours away.

vettemedx
11/29/2016, 08:02 PM
I'm new to the hobby....how safe is it to travel 3 hours with the corals and what method is best....i plan to start putting corals in my tank by mid feb so the timing of this would be perfect.

sde1500
11/30/2016, 08:06 AM
I'm new to the hobby....how safe is it to travel 3 hours with the corals and what method is best....i plan to start putting corals in my tank by mid feb so the timing of this would be perfect.

Bring a small cooler, soft cooler is easiest. You'll be fine. I'm about 1.5-2 hrs away, last year just brought a reusable shopping bag, carried that around, then stuck everything in a cooler in the car and ran the heat to keep the car at a good temp on the ride home. No problems at all.

vettemedx
12/03/2016, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the info!

fitch4
12/04/2016, 04:53 AM
No problem. The seller list is filling up QUICKLY as it does every year. If anyone is interested in selling at this year's FFM, shoot me a PM!

nate16
12/04/2016, 08:58 AM
ahhhh I'm going to be starting my new tank on 3/1 when I move. Very unlikely to impossible it will be ready for anything by 3/11 :'( next year I suppose

fitch4
12/04/2016, 07:07 PM
Depending on what you are looking to keep, you might be able to put some stuff in, or you find a good friend who can hold the choice pieces you find at the FFM.

nate16
12/04/2016, 07:28 PM
Depending on what you are looking to keep, you might be able to put some stuff in, or you find a good friend who can hold the choice pieces you find at the FFM.

Yea thinking the friend route may be my best bet if I got anything. I want to do this new tank perfect and putting in nice corals 10 days after launch just feels irresponsible to me.

fitch4
12/08/2016, 08:52 AM
Its a good call. Only problem is that I have "friends" who still have my corals in their tanks...

fitch4
12/20/2016, 12:38 PM
I just looked over the list and we are at 55 confirmed sellers for this year's FFM. All of the big names are already on the list and I still have a few more big ones who may be making their first stop at the FFM this year. I will post the list in a week or two, when I get it all filled in. I do have a few spots left but not many. If any hobbyists are interested get in touch quick!

fitch4
12/21/2016, 07:57 AM
I just heard back from Betsy down at Caribsea and they are going to be supplying the water for this year's FFM again. The FFM and the E.O. Smith Coral Project want to give Caribsea a huge thank you for sponsoring the water for the Frag Farmer's again this year. With so many vendors coming in from all over, the water needed is HUGE and I couldn't make it happen without their help. Thanks Caribsea!

fitch4
01/05/2017, 05:16 AM
Here is the preliminary seller list for the FFM this year. This is only the people who have committed and paid SO FAR and only includes the coral sellers, not dry goods (which has a growing list as well!) I have a number of "I want to sell" people that I am still waiting on to send in their "buy in," including some big names! I apologize to anyone who I messed up the home state. Just let me know and I will fix it!

AC Corals (hobbyist) - CT
Alex's Advanced Aquatics - CT
Aquadreams - MA
AZNnutty's Saltwater Connections -OH
BareBottom Corals (DankacediumR2R) - NJ
Blastomaster (hobbyist) - MA
Blue Glow - MI
Blue View Aquatics - MA
Byron and Bryan (hobbyist) - CT
Connor's Corals (hobbyist) - CT
Coral Cruze (hobbyist) - NY
Coral Kings - NY
Easy Aquariums - ME
Elmafioso52988 (hobbyist) - MA
E.O. Smith Coral Project - CT
Exotic Fish and Corals -CT
Fins Aquarium - NY
Fraggin' Idiot - VA
Fraggin Wagon - SC
Frag Freaks -MA
Frank180Reef (hobbyist) -MA
FUPA (hobbyist) - CT
Gotham Aquatics _NY
Greg’s Corals (hobbyist) - CT
Greg Hiller - MA
Gsxr750 (hobbyist) - CT
Jason Foxx - MD
King Pin Coral - NY
Kwong1998 (hobbyist) - NY
MaineAquaria.com - ME
Marine Reef Habitat - MA
Matt Spaulding (hobbyist) - CT
Micheal Reeve (hobbyist) - CT
MO~Idol (Steve) (hobbyist)- NY
NY Coral King - NY
Pablo (hobbyist) - NY
Paulywalnuts (hobbyist) - CT
Pacific East Aquaculture - MD
Pieces of the Ocean - NY
Polywise (hobbyist) - NY
Popcorals - NY
R+R Aquatics - NY
Reef Creations - NY
Rock Hard Reefs - NY
Shoreline Pet - CT
Skimmy (hobbyist) - NY
Shayna 123 (hobbyist) - CT
Sniper2b (hobbyist) - CT
Speedy Corals -
SteelerMike (hobbyist) - RI
Supreme Reefs - VA
TJM Corals -
TSM Corals - NJ
The Reef Shoppe - NY
Triggreef (hobbyist) - CT
Ultimate Corals _ NJ
Wet Pets - CT
Zooanthids.com - UT

I do still have spaces for a few more sellers but have more people who have asked about spots than I have spaces for! If anyone is interested in setting up- get in touch SOON!

fitch4
01/06/2017, 04:11 PM
Just added four more hobbyists to the list! Running out of spots QUICKLY!!!

fitch4
01/09/2017, 01:47 PM
Just got confirmation that we will be having a tank photography talk given by CT's own Franky Rivera who has taken some GREAT shots and is going to give people some pointers of getting the most out of their pics!

BfishLpond78
01/10/2017, 03:11 PM
The greatest show in the New England and Tri-State area...so much home grown goodness followed up with he big names in the hobby. I've been going the last few years and its gone from a couple dudes slinging corals to 1000's of people pouring in to get awesome stuff!

Don't sleep on this show!

fitch4
01/10/2017, 04:24 PM
Thanks. I appreciate the good word. It has become the biggest one in the area for sure and looks to be even better this year!

fitch4
01/11/2017, 02:01 PM
Looks like the seller list is FULL for this year... I'll get the updated list and map up when I get it organized!
Raffle prizes are coming in daily!

cato
01/11/2017, 04:24 PM
So looking forward to this. Can't wait! :thumbsup:

fitch4
01/11/2017, 10:34 PM
Here is the updated seller list for this year:

Aquadreams - MA
BareBottom Corals (hobbyist)- NJ
Blue Glow - MI
Blue View Aquatics - MA
Byron and Bryan (hobbyist) - CT
Easy Aquariums - ME
Fins Aquarium - NY
Fraggin' Idiot - VA
Fraggin Wagon - SC
Frag Freaks -MA
FUPA (hobbyist) - CT
Gotham Aquatics _NY
Greg D. (hobbyist) -
Greg Hiller (hobbyist) - MA
Gsxr750 (hobbyist) - CT
Jason Foxx - MD
King Pin Coral - NY
Marine Reef Habitat - MA
Micheal Reeve (hobbyist) - CT
NY Coral King - NY
Ocean State Aquatics - RI
Pablo (hobbyist) - NY
Pieces of the Ocean - NY
Polywise (hobbyist) - NY
Popcorals - NY
Puff Daddy Reefs (hobbyist) -
R+R Aquatics - NY
Reef Bum - CT
Reef Creations - NY
Rock Hard Reefs - NY
School of Fish - MA
Scoobnoob (hobbyist) - ME
Shoreline Pet - CT
Skimmy (hobbyist) - NY
Sniper2b (hobbyist) - CT
Speedy Corals -
Supreme Reefs - VA
Talon’s Cove - NJ
TJM Corals -
TSM Corals - NJ
The Reef Shoppe - NY
Ultimate Corals - NJ
USCTom - NY
Wet Pets - CT
Zooanthids.com - UT

fitch4
01/12/2017, 05:28 PM
Add: Jeremy St.Louis (hobbyist) - CT

Sorry J!

fitch4
01/13/2017, 12:46 PM
I just added a pretty cool vendor to the FFM for this year. John Langlois from Enfield Scuba is coming out to talk scuba diving and even cooler to sell Megalodon teeth that he has collected. I have seen some of the teeth has and some of them are impressive!
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/fitch4CT/E9415C54-CB06-4B32-9B3D-85350F40CADE_zpsqszgdgo1.jpg (http://s557.photobucket.com/user/fitch4CT/media/E9415C54-CB06-4B32-9B3D-85350F40CADE_zpsqszgdgo1.jpg.html)]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fitch4
01/13/2017, 04:40 PM
I left another important addition to the FFM off the list!
Add:

Dirk's - The Real Reefer's Store

Sorry Dirk!

More to come!!!

BfishLpond78
01/14/2017, 10:05 AM
FFM!!!!!!! Yeaaaaaaaaa baby!!!

BfishLpond78
01/16/2017, 08:00 AM
Getting ready to make a bunch of frags so they are nice and healed for FFM!!

Who else is going and what are you bringing?!?!?

fitch4
01/19/2017, 06:31 AM
How about a photo contest to go with the FFM?
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/fitch4CT/5fd629a5-50ef-4473-ae74-57c202c49cee_zps9l1dnk4n.jpg (http://s557.photobucket.com/user/fitch4CT/media/5fd629a5-50ef-4473-ae74-57c202c49cee_zps9l1dnk4n.jpg.html)

fitch4
01/27/2017, 04:26 AM
Here is the updated list of sellers for the Frag Farmer's Market, including the companies that will be there. I will send out a list of companies who have donated to the raffle in a bit, it already has some crazy stuff in it and grows daily. Looks to be the biggest, best FFM yet!

Coral Vendors
Aquadreams - MA
BareBottom Corals - NJ
Blue Glow - MI
Blue View Aquatics - MA
Dr. Salomon’s Corals (hobbyist) - RI
Easy Aquariums - ME
Fins Aquarium - NY
Fraggin' Idiot - VA
Fraggin Wagon - SC
Frag Freaks -MA
FUPA (hobbyist) - CT
Gotham Aquatics - NY
Graham S. (hobbyist) - NJ
Greg Demos (hobbyist) -
Greg Hiller (hobbyist)- MA
Gsxr750 (hobbyist) - CT
Jason Fox - MD
Jeremy St. Louis (hobbyist) - CT
King Pin Coral - NY
Marine Reef Habitat - MA
Michael Reeve (hobbyist) - CT
NY Coral King - NY
Obscura Reefs - CA
Ocean State Aquatics - RI
Pablo (hobbyist) - NY
Pieces of the Ocean - NY
Polywise (hobbyist) - NY
Popcorals - NY
Puff Daddy Reefs (hobbyist) - MA
Reef Bum (hobbyist)- CT
Reef Creations - NY
Rock Hard Reefs - NY
School of Fish - MA
Scoobnoob (hobbyist) - ME
Shoreline Pet - CT
Skimmy (hobbyist) - NY
Sniper2b (hobbyist) - CT
Speedy Corals -
Supreme Reefs - VA
Talon’s Cove - NJ
Tank Breakers - CT
TJM Corals -
TSM Corals - NJ
The Coral Reef - CT
The Reef Shoppe - NY
Ultimate Corals - NJ
USCTom (hobbyist) - NY
Wet Pets - CT
Zooanthids.com - UT

Companies

Reef Breeders
Dirks Real Reef Store
Boston Aqua Farms
SeaChem
Reef Trends
Eshopps
Rock Hard Reefs
Neptune Systems
Brightwell
Rod’s Reef
Fritz
Tropic Marin
ESV

fitch4
01/28/2017, 08:10 AM
Sorry, I left CORAL magazine off the company list!

oldpaddy
01/28/2017, 08:29 AM
I've always wanted to go to an expo. Are the deals good? What goes on there?

fitch4
01/28/2017, 09:40 AM
The Frag Farmer's Market is a giant sized coral market. Imagine 60 different people setting up tanks full of corals for sale. Sellers include the big names (Jason Fox, Pacific East, Aznutty) all the way down to some small scale hobbyists who grow out at home. The buy in for shops and hobbyists is low, so they pass their savings along to you. You will not find a bigger selection of corals, or better prices anywhere. You can look at it this way, you would probably drive an hour to a good shop to buy, what if you could drive 2 (depending where on the Cape you are) to see 60 shops all in one place? I have been to quite a few swaps, and shows and I think that there are more corals at the FFM than any other one I have been to. You name the coral you were hoping to find, it is there, and likely in a few different people's tanks! This is the biggest one in the area, easily. The local CT guys call it "Reefer's Christmas." The only thing that I always hear complaints about is that it is overwhelming when you first get there.
Add to that a raffle with all kinds of stuff that you would want, including corals, a ton of high end clownfish, gift certificates, pumps, lighting, supplements, frag tanks, an Apex controller...
I am working on putting together a few talks during the day, on photography, general reefkeeping, etc... I'll post that info as I get the details ironed out.
I run the FFM, so I may be biased, but for $5 admission, you won't find a better place to shop for frags and get a chance to chat with a TON of other reefers.

oldpaddy
01/29/2017, 03:13 AM
The Frag Farmer's Market is a giant sized coral market. Imagine 60 different people setting up tanks full of corals for sale. Sellers include the big names (Jason Fox, Pacific East, Aznutty) all the way down to some small scale hobbyists who grow out at home. The buy in for shops and hobbyists is low, so they pass their savings along to you. You will not find a bigger selection of corals, or better prices anywhere. You can look at it this way, you would probably drive an hour to a good shop to buy, what if you could drive 2 (depending where on the Cape you are) to see 60 shops all in one place? I have been to quite a few swaps, and shows and I think that there are more corals at the FFM than any other one I have been to. You name the coral you were hoping to find, it is there, and likely in a few different people's tanks! This is the biggest one in the area, easily. The local CT guys call it "Reefer's Christmas." The only thing that I always hear complaints about is that it is overwhelming when you first get there.
Add to that a raffle with all kinds of stuff that you would want, including corals, a ton of high end clownfish, gift certificates, pumps, lighting, supplements, frag tanks, an Apex controller...
I am working on putting together a few talks during the day, on photography, general reefkeeping, etc... I'll post that info as I get the details ironed out.
I run the FFM, so I may be biased, but for $5 admission, you won't find a better place to shop for frags and get a chance to chat with a TON of other reefers.

More like a 2.5-3hr drive for me. But that's irrelevant, since I'm going! Just don't tell my wife, ok?

fitch4
01/29/2017, 05:58 AM
Promise not to tell her, but you know... you could bring her along. She gets in for free!

oldpaddy
01/29/2017, 08:30 AM
Promise not to tell her, but you know... you could bring her along. She gets in for free!

I could do that, but then the vendors won't make any money off me.

fitch4
01/29/2017, 10:14 AM
Fair enough, leave her behind. Bring a reefer friend instead

fitch4
01/31/2017, 06:31 AM
I wanted to let people know that there is a group rate for the Nathan Hale Inn for the FFM. If you call and let them know you are with the Frag Farmer's Market, the room is $139 for the night. The Nathan Hale is by far the closest to the school, just a walk across the parking lot behind the school!

polywise
01/31/2017, 07:59 AM
I am looking forward to going to this event.

This will be my third time selling my coral there. It is a whole bunch of fun..

I'm going to be bringing frags from my prop tank, and a few fresh cuts from my display tank as well.

I will also have frags of: Oregon Blue Tort, Purple Monster, Cali Tort

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQOX9yXOWXQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDHbBvcpltw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNTU2fa7gW0

davered00ss
01/31/2017, 10:05 AM
Awesome. This is about 35 min from my house. can't wait.

fitch4
01/31/2017, 06:57 PM
Just got confirmation that we also have a group rate with the Best Western in Mansfield CT- just a 5 minute drive from the school. Just tell them that you are with the FFM!

fitch4
02/01/2017, 02:49 PM
Big news for the Frag Farmer's Market this year!
David over at Reef Trends is going to the safety sponsor for the FFM this year. He will be by the door and be providing dip for people at the FFM. This will give you a chance to dip any of the corals that are coming home with you from the market that day. Safety first! Thanks to Reef Trends for offering to do that for us!

osrascom
02/01/2017, 02:54 PM
Make sure to save a table for OSRAS in the hall!!

fitch4
02/01/2017, 03:06 PM
I have a space for you with the clubs- no worries. Looks like we should have even more clubs represented than in past years. It is going to be the biggest Frag Farmer's Market yet. It is coming together really nicely this year.

fitch4
02/01/2017, 05:36 PM
I just heard from Adam, (smiz on RC) that he is going to be resurrecting his tank top building gig for this year's FFM. He is building lids for tanks with dimensions under 24" and is going to take orders ahead of the FFM, to try to have them ready for the FFM, or at the FFM. I have one of his lids on my 100 gallon corner tank at home and it is BEAUTIFUL and well made (see pic below). I know a few other CT guys had them made as well and were happy! If you are interested, you can PM him here, or PM me and I can get you his contact info.
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/fitch4CT/IMG_3572_zpskxzu7ci0.jpg (http://s557.photobucket.com/user/fitch4CT/media/IMG_3572_zpskxzu7ci0.jpg.html)

fitch4
02/01/2017, 07:12 PM
Last minute addition to an already ENORMOUS list of coral vendors:
Captain Cook's Corals - ME

epstein
02/02/2017, 01:07 PM
Lets See those Contest Photos Folks!!!

fitch4
02/03/2017, 05:11 AM
Adam is going to be taking pre-orders for tops and bringing them to the FFM for pickup. He is not going to be taking orders at the FFM - shipping them is a pain! If people are interested, let me, or Adam, know ahead so he has time to build them!

fitch4
02/03/2017, 11:38 AM
Okay, my apologies here but it turns out the Nathan Hale Inn is not quiet as accommodating as I thought. They are choosing to not honor the rate that they quoted me on the phone last week. After a lengthy conversation on the phone with the woman who quoted me the price, it looks like you are on your own with the Nathan Hale Inn. The good news is that it looks like for about $100 you can book at the Best Western just down the street. They are actually going to hold their end of the bargain. Sorry for the confusion...

cato
02/06/2017, 09:02 AM
Looking forward to this. Almost like a mini MACNA without the speakers!

fitch4
02/10/2017, 03:51 AM
Seller map should be ready in a day or two! Just cleaning it up with a few late ins/outs.

fitch4
02/13/2017, 08:25 AM
Here is the map so far. I have been adding companies every few days and there has been a bit of movement within the sellers as well but people have been asking, so here it is!
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/fitch4CT/FFM%202017%20Map_zpsbbmxejhm.jpg (http://s557.photobucket.com/user/fitch4CT/media/FFM%202017%20Map_zpsbbmxejhm.jpg.html)

fitch4
02/14/2017, 01:05 PM
How about a raffle tease thanks to Logan over at ReefBreeders?

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/fitch4CT/doser_zpszfxofc6i.jpg (http://s557.photobucket.com/user/fitch4CT/media/doser_zpszfxofc6i.jpg.html)

jj5
02/14/2017, 08:09 PM
I've never been to a show like this. 3 hours from L.I. Really looking forward it. Sure hope the wife gives a little something extra in the allowance that week. Oh and the secret reef stash...Shhhhh don't tell.

fitch4
02/15/2017, 05:44 PM
It is definitely worth a 3 hr ride. With 60+ coral vendors and a bunch of companies as well, it is easily the biggest show in the Northeast. Everyone that comes out, comes back. The only thing that people regret is not bringing enough $...

fitch4
02/15/2017, 07:09 PM
Just added:
San Francisco Bay Brand to the growing list of companies that will be at the FFM this year. Welcome aboard!

fitch4
02/15/2017, 10:42 PM
Added
Marine Pure as a vendor as well. List of companies keeps getting bigger and bigger. Remember the movie Jaws? I'm going to need a bigger school...

fitch4
02/16/2017, 08:49 AM
Okay, my bad. I left Mike's Phyto and Rachel Fogle Art off the map. I definitely need a bigger school...

fitch4
02/16/2017, 05:30 PM
Brightwell will be at the FFM this year and I just got their donation into the raffle this year. Three of each of the following packages!
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/fitch4CT/brightwell_zpsi7bggjcl.png (http://s557.photobucket.com/user/fitch4CT/media/brightwell_zpsi7bggjcl.png.html)

fitch4
02/17/2017, 05:27 AM
Less than a month to go and I have been fielding a number of questions via email, PM and text.

Why go to the FFM?
It is the single biggest aggregation of coral sellers you will ever see. The FFM has added a significant number of "dry goods" vendors as well but that is not included in the 60+ sellers, ALL selling corals. If you are looking for frags, or just want to hang out and talk reefs with some of the best growers in the area, you want the FFM. You will find everything from the basic “weed” species to the coral that you have never heard of, or only seen on the internet. You can shop at anything from the Jason Fox to a hobbyist from NY who grows in his sump. NONE of the other area shows can offer even close to the sheer number of vendors or corals that the FFM can. This is the ultimate frag shopping experience.

How do I get tickets?
There are no advanced ticket sales for the FFM. Admission is $5 at the door and no one will be turned away. Spouses get in free. Children under 12 get in free. Bring the crew along. I think it is important to promote the hobby in terms of something you can do with your spouse, and even more so, with your kids. $5 isn't much to get into something like the FFM anyway, but free is even better! Doors open to the public at 11am and close at 5pm.

What should I bring?
Most people will bring along a cooler of some sort to hold their corals in for the day. Other than that, you don’t need much. I always recommend bringing about 2-3X the money that you think you will spend. I have never heard of anyone who said “I brought too much money.” I usually hear quite the opposite. The FFM only happens once a year and it brings together the best coral vendors and hobbyists from all over the country. You will find what you are looking for and then three other things you can’t leave without!

Can I sell coral at the FFM?
There are 60+ vendors at the FFM, all of whom signed up far in advance, and made a donation to the school project to reserve a space. In fairness to them, there will not be spaces provided for attendees to sell. If you are interested in selling next year, please get in touch with me at [email protected], ASAP, and I will add you to the contact list.

Where does all the money go?
The FFM is the main fundraiser for the E.O. Smith Coral project, which has been up and running for almost 15+ years now. I house 800+ gallons of coral growing systems at the school and involve students in the project in a number of ways. The admissions, and raffle proceeds, all go to help run the project. It gives me the ability to buy corals that students want to work with, and equipment that they need to carry out their experiments. With the success of the FFM over the past few years, I have also started giving out scholarships to graduating students who have shown interest in marine/conservation related fields. In the last two years I have given $2000 to graduating seniors and will be giving even more this year. The project, and the FFM, have become so successful that I have been able to help other teachers get the equipment that they need to start reef tanks in their classrooms and plan to continue to do so. In the end, all of the money goes into education. I am not a reef club, I am a teacher, and the FFM run by me as a part of the school.

How does the raffle work?
This year's raffle is the biggest one I have ever seen at the FFM, with some things in it that have never been in before. It is HUGE!
The main raffle will be pulled at 4pm, just before the market closes. Raffle tickets are available from a few people walking around during the day with the red FFM shirts on, or from me in room 107. The tickets are $1 each, 6 for $5 or 25 for $20. I do not sell tickets ahead of time, only at the show.
I have also started an “Easy Raffle List” for people to sign up for on the computer in my room, or on the laptops by the entrance. You put in your information and get a number. Rather than write all of your info on all of your tickets (which is a PAIN!), you just put your number. If you are not there when you win, no worries, I can get it touch with you!

Do I have to be present to win?
For most items, no. I will ship any item that it is feasible to ship. Items that cannot be shipped, will be labeled with a “No Ship” tag. If I can’t ship it and you live “close” we can work something out to get the item to you. If you are not sure, stop and see me and we can figure something out. The week after the FFM, I spend a fair amount of time packing and mailing things to people. As an attendee to other shows, I there have been a ton of raffles that I didn’t enter because I wasn’t going to be there to win. If you find something you really want, buy some tickets, throw them in and I will do my best to get it to you.

If you have any other questions, just shoot me a PM, or an email and I will do what I can to help you out!

Thanks-
Jon

sde1500
02/17/2017, 08:32 AM
I have never heard of anyone who said “I brought too much money.”

Unless its the spouses, but that's usually "You spent too much money":spin1:

fitch4
02/18/2017, 06:12 AM
Tue but sometimes if you bring them, they might pick out something pretty!

fitch4
02/18/2017, 08:16 AM
3 weeks and counting!

BfishLpond78
02/18/2017, 09:31 AM
Super excited for this, the best event in New England hands down!!! Nothing else compares!!!

osrascom
02/18/2017, 09:44 AM
The FFM is great, but OSRAS isn t chopped liver!!!lol

BfishLpond78
02/18/2017, 09:55 AM
The atmosphere, people, vendors, location and the cause are epic. To see jons huge 800 gallon system and all the kids that get involved are wonderful. Glad to see that it has become the premier show in the Northeast!! Gonna post some pics in a minute!!

BfishLpond78
02/18/2017, 09:57 AM
Here is a sampling of the fire I brought home last year. All from different vendors...they all bring the heat!!!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170218/8375db12c02ca8757d9ed76f29aad515.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170218/ffa1cdaa5028e190d714167c36f9fabb.jpg

cato
02/18/2017, 10:00 AM
WoW!! Nice stuff bro! ^^^

fitch4
02/18/2017, 12:18 PM
Wow, beautiful stuff. Is that monti a jason fox?

BfishLpond78
02/20/2017, 08:43 AM
WoW!! Nice stuff bro! ^^^

Thank dude! Nothing compared to your incredible collection

Wow, beautiful stuff. Is that monti a jason fox?

Nope, I got it from a local hobbyist, polish accent I believe and I got a lot of goodies from him! The local guys from the area bring the heat!!! :uzi:

fitch4
02/21/2017, 08:06 AM
I just put together $500 in Frag Farmer's gift certificates to give away during the day at the FFM. Part of the FFM has always been the gift certificates that I put together that are good at ANY vendor at the FFM. Most of them will be given away at random to people coming in!

sniper2be
02/21/2017, 09:45 AM
Less then three weeks. All corals cut and healing. From fire to five dollar frags you can find a great deals at this show and you can find the deal listed above at the ARKSWC table in the hallway just as you enter the show. Everything from high end Acro's and Monti's, to common and not so common inexpensive frags and corals. Jon puts on this show and I can't thank him enough. With help from his crew and students alike. Learning and love of this hobby and the biodiversity they are able to put together. helps make this show what it has become. With out the efforts of everyone behind the scenes. This couldn't be the best Show in the east. I have been to Macna, MR, Reef-a-Palooza and more. The shear volume of corals brought into E.O. Smith is incomparable to even those large events. This is by far the best and biggest show in the east. If you want it you will find it here. All I can do is thank Jon and his Crew for putting on this Wonderful Event that so many of us look forward to every year!!!

davered00ss
02/21/2017, 10:40 AM
Cant wait.

Usernam Invalid
02/21/2017, 06:32 PM
Just a few of the frags I'm bringing
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170222/217a10604f94f1fd3588909a11fa5cf0.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170222/b6f3cd6122c3ffcf35a73aa6d0a9b8d1.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170222/2ce48bef266299d3d9c1e6eba958b8e3.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170222/51aff7af2ce7a4d66074bc739ab7d4d7.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170222/71e60cbbf3dd7295e63ae184c4856d9e.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170222/2ca64c2ca6f899fcc37d02af104c770b.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170222/757ada0bda867c0cfb3c056f958b8a09.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170222/ad1aa0ffb9dd69d5feda7e8282955273.jpg

Can't wait [emoji16]

fitch4
02/21/2017, 07:00 PM
HOLY COW!!! And that is just one of the vendors for the FFM. Imagine 60 more, all in one place...

fitch4
02/22/2017, 02:49 PM
So I came into school this morning and one of the admins stops me to yell at me for all of the boxes in the office that are mine. Must be time for the FFM! This will be the biggest and best raffle that the FFM has ever seen- by far.

fitch4
02/22/2017, 08:46 PM
I have had some concerns about parking.
Parking is not as bad as people think, if you know where the lots are. There is a small lot in front of the school, which fills up quickly. There is also a lot on the left side of the school (if you are facing the front) with more spots in it. Those are the two school lots. Across the street there is a parking garage, which quite a bit of parking in it. Lastly, UConn has a big lot if you go down the road just to the right of the school and past the school just a touch- still a short walk, but you start out behind the school. With the number of restaurants and businesses that have set-up shop across the street, the parking has gotten better and better, if you know where to look! I think people just try the lot in the front of the school and that is small and fills up quick.

fitch4
02/23/2017, 07:22 AM
Minor change to the seller list, Andy from the Blue Glow is not going to be able to make it out but it makes room for Alex (143MPCo)- welcome aboard!!!

fitch4
02/23/2017, 10:44 AM
Putting together the last details for the schedule for the FFM- including the schedule for the speakers!

cato
02/23/2017, 11:14 AM
Putting together the last details for the schedule for the FFM- including the schedule for the speakers!

What speakers??

fitch4
02/24/2017, 12:59 PM
We do! I have talks set-up throughout the day at the FFM this year. Not only that, they are free to attend with your admission to the FFM. Schedule to come!

fitch4
02/24/2017, 02:53 PM
Only two weeks left to enter the New England Frag Farmer's Market - Frag Farm Photo Contest, sponsored by Tropic Marin. Winners will be posted at the FFM and the prizes can be picked up at the TM table at the FFM. Enter by posting your images here or on our Facebook group!

sniper2be
02/24/2017, 05:40 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170224/70062e2350367d83b996308a7e2f79a6.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

fitch4
02/26/2017, 07:13 AM
Here are the speakers for the Frag Farmer's Market this year. I guess this makes the FFM the biggest conference, not just the biggest swap in the area. I will put the schedule for the talks out in a bit so people can plan their visit to the FFM better. All of the talks are a part of the FFM and there is no extra cost to attend any of them- no dinner tickets, extra fees, etc... The other cool thing is that Justin, Joe, Lou and Franky will all be around the FFM all day to chat and answer questions.
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/fitch4CT/fa20c1e1-6e19-484a-92c4-8173af700a3c_zps5mxvhbfd.jpg (http://s557.photobucket.com/user/fitch4CT/media/fa20c1e1-6e19-484a-92c4-8173af700a3c_zps5mxvhbfd.jpg.html)

fitch4
02/27/2017, 05:07 AM
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/fitch4CT/26525d5c-e26a-467c-a389-b09da6ab615c_zpsm1sxbv4c.png (http://s557.photobucket.com/user/fitch4CT/media/26525d5c-e26a-467c-a389-b09da6ab615c_zpsm1sxbv4c.png.html)

Great News!!! David from Reef Trends and I have been working on getting together a "Safety Stop," something I have been trying to get together for the last few years, and are going to make it happen for FFM X! In the interest of not spreading pests among out tanks, I wanted to have small doses of dip for people to be able to bring home, and use for the beautiful frags that they get at the FFM. Mark from ME Corals is going to be hooking the attendees of the FFM up by donating a pile of single dose containers of his "Wash Off" dip! They will be available for people, FREE, at the Reef Trends table in the first hallway. Stop by and grab one on your way in/out of the FFM. Thanks to Mark and ME for helping me make this a part of the FFM!

marper331
02/27/2017, 12:38 PM
first time for me....looking forward to attending!

BfishLpond78
02/27/2017, 01:55 PM
Ever wanted to figure out how folks get them awesome pictures?

Check out Reef Pics 101 by CT's own Franky Rivera...a few pics below! He'll be giving a presentation on how he achieves these better than real life pictures!!!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170227/46ca4c2d3df416ba2720d1adf82813b7.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170227/a342f757e6e99f57198aefa6f9f291b7.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170227/214d35f689eb3a4361e548a5f5f723e1.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170227/9ed957bf60155fb78d0fd2a02c2646f2.jpg

fitch4
02/27/2017, 03:56 PM
Franky has some AWESOME shots for sure. Thanks for giving us some examples Mike!

fitch4
02/27/2017, 05:17 PM
Here are a few more of his shots.
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/fitch4CT/1BF0C177-AD01-451C-89CD-A0477CDA7E29_zpsfw84hhsx.jpg (http://s557.photobucket.com/user/fitch4CT/media/1BF0C177-AD01-451C-89CD-A0477CDA7E29_zpsfw84hhsx.jpg.html)
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/fitch4CT/EE627F31-7C0F-4417-BE2B-30C4F9996F79_zpsetxjerh0.jpg (http://s557.photobucket.com/user/fitch4CT/media/EE627F31-7C0F-4417-BE2B-30C4F9996F79_zpsetxjerh0.jpg.html)

fitch4
02/27/2017, 05:50 PM
Here is the schedule for the FFM this year:

11 am - Doors open to the public
12 pm - Franky Rivera "Reef Tank Photography" Room -TBD
1 pm - Justin Credible "Peroxide Dosing and Dipping" Lecture Hall
2 pm - Lou Ekus - Director of US operations at Tropic Marin "Salt water/reef Q+A" - Lecture Hall
3 pm - Justin Credible and Joe Racioppi "Hands on Coral Education for Students" - Lecture Hall
4 pm - Main raffle starts in room 107
5 pm - FFM ends ... and we all have to wait another year for the next FFM!

fitch4
02/28/2017, 04:33 PM
Since the FFM has speakers now, does that make it a "conference" instead of a "swap"?

fitch4
02/28/2017, 05:22 PM
With 68 coral sellers, 5 reef clubs and 23 different companies all at the FFM, that might make it biggest conference in the area, not just swap...

fitch4
02/28/2017, 05:47 PM
CTARS and BRS will both be at the FFM taking memberships. I am donating a $25 FFM gift certificate to each of the clubs to give away to one random person who signs up with that club during the FFM. Come out, sign up, and win more money to spend at the Frag Farmer's!

BfishLpond78
02/28/2017, 05:48 PM
With 68 coral sellers, 5 reef clubs and 23 different companies all at the FFM, that might make it biggest conference in the area, not just swap...

Biggest and best! I don't care who attempts to chime in!!! Get outta here!!!

FFM has taking New England and the Tristate area by storm!!!!!!

fitch4
02/28/2017, 05:54 PM
We did unfortunately lose a seller... Reefbum is not going to be at the FFM this time around.

fitch4
02/28/2017, 06:04 PM
But we replaced him off the waiting list to sell at the FFM with Jaycal corals!

BfishLpond78
02/28/2017, 06:06 PM
Wow people are literally knocking down FFM doors to get in and sell!!! A waiting list!!!!

fitch4
02/28/2017, 06:41 PM
Week and a half to go before the FFM. All of the proceeds from the FFM go to support the coral propagation program at E. O. Smith High School. Hundreds of kids involved in learning about corals, aquaculture and conservation!

fitch4
02/28/2017, 07:54 PM
Waiting list is still 10 deep. Spots open up but with.the biggest crowds in the NE, people who come out once, always come back!

fitch4
03/01/2017, 05:28 PM
I just got a HUGE box today for the FFM. Looks like the grand prize in the raffle this year will be a BIG one...

fitch4
03/01/2017, 06:24 PM
I got a question on one of the other forums asking if the FFM was open to anyone, or if you had to be a member (do people run shows like that?). Everyone is welcome to come out to the school for the FFM. At $5 to get in, no memberships, no discounted advanced tickets, just come as your are, its hard to beat...

sniper2be
03/01/2017, 06:46 PM
Quick list of what I will have at the ARKSWC table I know there are more that I forgot and two more tanks full of goodness that I don't have a list of. This is going to be a great Event. This is most definitely Reefer Christmas.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170302/417e2257232323299f845fb4bf394a2d.jpg

fitch4
03/01/2017, 07:15 PM
Wow. Nice list!

BfishLpond78
03/01/2017, 07:18 PM
Good looking list Matt!!

fitch4
03/01/2017, 07:48 PM
I had a student approach me today about setting up a table at the FFM to collect and recycle batteries as part of his senior project at the school. I don't know if he will make an account just to post his info here so I thought I would help him out. He will be collecting old batteries from people at the FFM and bringing them out to one of the local recycling centers to make sure they get disposed of properly. If you have any extra batteries lying around, bring them along and find his table out in the hall way. Thanks for supporting him and his senior project!

sniper2be
03/02/2017, 05:20 AM
Good looking list Matt!!

Thanks Mike. this Year is going to be Great..see you next week:celeb1:

triggreef
03/02/2017, 09:31 AM
I had a student approach me today about setting up a table at the FFM to collect and recycle batteries as part of his senior project at the school. I don't know if he will make an account just to post his info here so I thought I would help him out. He will be collecting old batteries from people at the FFM and bringing them out to one of the local recycling centers to make sure they get disposed of properly. If you have any extra batteries lying around, bring them along and find his table out in the hall way. Thanks for supporting him and his senior project!
Like all batteries? Or just household batteries? I'm meaning like motorcycle /car batteries

some1fishy
03/02/2017, 10:08 AM
I am more of a general researcher on here and not so much the posting type but I am definitely looking forward to attending this years show! Looks like an awesome line up and I will definitely be taking some things home.. :)

Glad I checked in.. Thanks for the hard work and effort!

triggreef
03/02/2017, 10:12 AM
I am more of a general researcher on here and not so much the posting type but I am definitely looking forward to attending this years show! Looks like an awesome line up and I will definitely be taking some things home.. :)

Glad I checked in.. Thanks for the hard work and effort!
No doubt this is the best of the best

triggreef
03/02/2017, 11:49 AM
Here is a sampling of the fire I brought home last year. All from different vendors...they all bring the heat!!!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170218/8375db12c02ca8757d9ed76f29aad515.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170218/ffa1cdaa5028e190d714167c36f9fabb.jpg

Sweet!

fitch4
03/02/2017, 12:46 PM
So it looks like the Best Western down the street is BOOKED FULL with FFM people. Tough to have so many people coming out...
You have two options for places to stay. The Nathan Hale Inn is just across the parking lot from the school. It is a bit more expensive and reneged on their deal for a group rate but it is close! People could also look in Vernon or Manchester CT, which are both just a few exits down the highway (10-15 minutes away). Quite a few options out that way.

fitch4
03/02/2017, 04:32 PM
Okay, lets do some raffle spoilers!!!

sniper2be
03/02/2017, 04:44 PM
Now Your talking my Language.. where are my tickets?

fitch4
03/02/2017, 04:51 PM
I always got you...
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/fitch4CT/DB9A87E6-E671-4FC6-9F02-2F9880A3BBD6_zpsweysu3ua.jpg (http://s557.photobucket.com/user/fitch4CT/media/DB9A87E6-E671-4FC6-9F02-2F9880A3BBD6_zpsweysu3ua.jpg.html)
How about Jellyfish Art's top of the line desktop jellyfish aquarium. I have to be honest, a TON of stuff comes through here every year and a lot of it is pretty cool. This thing is REALLY COOL. I knida want one for myself now..
Thanks to Jon Norris at Jellyfish Art for sending this sweetness out!

fitch4
03/02/2017, 05:00 PM
Like all batteries? Or just household batteries? I'm meaning like motorcycle /car batteries

Good question. My thought was that he wanted household batteries but I bet he would do other ones as well. Let me see if I can hunt him down and ask.

triggreef
03/02/2017, 05:04 PM
Okay, lets do some raffle spoilers!!!

Let's see some more!

fitch4
03/02/2017, 05:15 PM
Perry from DeepWater Aquatics sent out this sweet Aquaforest set...
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/fitch4CT/4DE5CFF0-8CC2-403D-B5B8-273170166C81_zps7ioprwhh.jpg (http://s557.photobucket.com/user/fitch4CT/media/4DE5CFF0-8CC2-403D-B5B8-273170166C81_zps7ioprwhh.jpg.html)

triggreef
03/02/2017, 05:45 PM
Perry from DeepWater Aquatics sent out this sweet Aquaforest set...
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/fitch4CT/4DE5CFF0-8CC2-403D-B5B8-273170166C81_zps7ioprwhh.jpg (http://s557.photobucket.com/user/fitch4CT/media/4DE5CFF0-8CC2-403D-B5B8-273170166C81_zps7ioprwhh.jpg.html)

Sweet! I'm loving aquaforest

fitch4
03/02/2017, 06:10 PM
BSI Sent out a few reefglues... (It bugs me that I got the one on the top upside down!)
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/fitch4CT/396DC4A8-FA87-4386-8257-CA13EED4971D_zpsivaibolg.jpg (http://s557.photobucket.com/user/fitch4CT/media/396DC4A8-FA87-4386-8257-CA13EED4971D_zpsivaibolg.jpg.html)

fitch4
03/02/2017, 06:19 PM
A great little light from the awesome people at Kessil!
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/fitch4CT/222A5202-B0B7-478D-9CC4-499ACBE8806B_zpszjkqxakj.jpg (http://s557.photobucket.com/user/fitch4CT/media/222A5202-B0B7-478D-9CC4-499ACBE8806B_zpszjkqxakj.jpg.html)

sniper2be
03/02/2017, 06:21 PM
Perfect i am almost out of glue.. and who couldn't use another kessil!

fitch4
03/02/2017, 06:45 PM
Now how about some of the unique? Rachel Fogel of Reef Weeds is going to donate this Zoa painting to the raffle and will also be at the FFM showing off and selling her reef inspired art work!
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/fitch4CT/6585fb28-339f-4fc7-b6be-7a2d7fc4e4dd_zpsthzonxgn.jpg (http://s557.photobucket.com/user/fitch4CT/media/6585fb28-339f-4fc7-b6be-7a2d7fc4e4dd_zpsthzonxgn.jpg.html)

fitch4
03/03/2017, 03:24 AM
Nice "little" RO/DI from AquaFx.
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/fitch4CT/6581065B-80F2-485B-AEB8-4C7D3602ED6B_zpsebol9vfp.jpg (http://s557.photobucket.com/user/fitch4CT/media/6581065B-80F2-485B-AEB8-4C7D3602ED6B_zpsebol9vfp.jpg.html)

fitch4
03/03/2017, 03:38 AM
I always get the question "Do you think anyone is selling (insert name of dry good here)." Being a traditionally coral oriented show, the answer is sometimes "No." But this year Dirk from Dirk's Real Reef Store will be at the FFM, so if you need it, it will be there!

sniper2be
03/03/2017, 10:46 AM
Now how about some of the unique? Rachel Fogel of Reef Weeds is going to donate this Zoa painting to the raffle and will also be at the FFM showing off and selling her reef inspired art work!
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/fitch4CT/6585fb28-339f-4fc7-b6be-7a2d7fc4e4dd_zpsthzonxgn.jpg (http://s557.photobucket.com/user/fitch4CT/media/6585fb28-339f-4fc7-b6be-7a2d7fc4e4dd_zpsthzonxgn.jpg.html)
Wow those are some amazing painting and your telling me they glow in UV light?

sde1500
03/03/2017, 12:03 PM
Wow those are some amazing painting and your telling me they glow in UV light?

Saw some from a different seller at Fragtoberfest, same deal painted with UV paint. Looks awesome under reef lighting.

fitch4
03/03/2017, 12:44 PM
Might have been Rick Correira who does similar UV sensitive paintings- very cool idea. He will be at the FFM as well. Cool guy, corals, tank bred fish and UV paintings. I don't know if he is bringing paintings with him but I know he is bringing fish and corals! He is room 120 along the first hallway if you want to peek! Rachel will be in the hallway along the back.

BfishLpond78
03/03/2017, 04:40 PM
Hey everyone FUPA guys are coming in a little lite this year. Big rebuilding year as there were lots of tank upgrades and some mishaps in the group, hey we've all been there. But we still have some good stuff!!

CB Rainbow Infusions
Chungs Wambams
Sunny D's
FUPA Shrooms
Captain America Shrooms. (That's just what I'm calling them. Lol)
Scarface Paly morph...doesn't show in the picture but they have developed yellow highlights.

And a bunch of others. Stop by and shoot the breeze!!!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170303/96b1ca2c6bccb6b156dd5b3c856cd38b.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170303/015171f68b07058d8b4cbb6053f27a54.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170303/090911ab0968add7284784d4b8ab31a5.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170303/46e43f0373fd7783b4f5195e1040c440.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170303/b208b71d8bd4f3d849fee2177412f9d7.jpg

sniper2be
03/03/2017, 08:57 PM
Holy cow FUPA bring'n the Heat!!

fitch4
03/04/2017, 06:20 AM
Exactly one week to go! Anyone in the NE area should give the Frag Farmer's Market a shot. If you have never come out, you will not be disappointed. If you have come out in the past, you are already coming out, so I will see you there!
Here are some more questions that I have gotten on forums, PM's, emails, etc...

"I have to drive 3 hours to get to the Frag Farmers, is it really worth it?"
-I always look at a big show this way; I drive an hour to go to some of the shops I like best. What if I could drive 3 to see all of the fish stores in one place. With almost 70 coral vendors this year, this is the single largest grouping of corals you can find anywhere. No conference, no show, no swap focuses on just corals and has this many vendors. The room after room of corals at the FFM is overwhelming, even to me and I have been at them all!

"Will there be high end SPS at the FFM?"
-Yes, there are a TON of high end SPS at the FFM, sold by many of the vendors.

"Can I find easy to keep corals? I have a new tank and am just looking to fill some space."
-Yes, that is there too. Lots of the hobbyists farm easy stuff, GSP, mushrooms, leathers, xenia, etc...

"What are the typical prices at the FFM?"
-The prices here are better than you will find anywhere for three reasons. One, the shops always stock up to sell at shows and give better pricing than you would see in their store, or online. They often do package deals, 5 for $50, etc... Secondly, the buy-in for shops is so low, they don't feel the pressure to make back their set-up fee. Typical shows this size charge $100's just for the space, mine is still well under $100, and only $30 for hobbyists. People always ask why don't I charge more, and the answer is I'm not in this for the money. I just want to be able to run my coral project with the kids at the school. Lastly, with so many vendors, you can find the same coral at multiple stations. That competition causes better prices. Frags range anywhere from free (yes that happens!) all the way up to $1000 (most expensive I saw last year, and YES, it did sell).

"Do vendors accept credit cards?"
-Some do, some don't. Most of the bigger places do but many of the hobbyists do not. I always suggest cash, its the sure thing. How much is a tricky question. Let me give you a word problem to describe it (sorry it's a teacher thing):

When you leave home, you will say I am going to spend $X. When you get here you will spend that. Then you will see two more things that you need, then two more after that... You will visit the ATM across the street and take out more $. You will come having spent $X + $Y, and wishing you had bought that one piece for $Z that you had never seen before. How much trouble are you in with your wife?

"Where does all the money from the FFM go?"
-ALL of the proceeds go to support the E.O. Smith High School Coral Project. I teach my students about corals, aquaculture and conservation by having them help me run the schools coral farm. The FFM has become so successful that I have been able to start helping other schools get going with similar projects in their classrooms. I have also used the proceeds from the FFM to give out $2000 in scholarships over the last two years.

See you all in a week!
Jon

Pinkskunk
03/04/2017, 01:58 PM
Say no more, I am going. First time ever to a coral show. Looking forward to it.

jj5
03/04/2017, 07:57 PM
fitch4 I thinks it's great to see a teacher do this much for their students. As a parent of two kids in college (yes I still have a little reef money) I know first hand how few teachers really go above and beyond. Fortunately both of my kids had an opportunity to experience a few good teachers that had a profound influence on them. I'm looking forward to attending the show but supporting your work as well. I'll be sure to have a few batteries for your student as well. 1 week from now I should be back home with a bunch of goodies. Looking forward to it.

Fragcity
03/04/2017, 11:44 PM
Jon
Thanks for the invite. I don't have 10 posts so I'm not allowed to pm yet.
How much is a table? Permit or license to sell? I'm from NH and I'm not familiar with Ct laws but I found this

Vendors at Flea Markets, Craft Shows, Fairs, Etc. Must Obtain a Connecticut Sales and Use Tax Permit
You must obtain a Sales and Use Tax Permit from the Connecticut Department of Revenue Service if you will be selling at a flea market, craft show, trade show, antique show, fair, etc. in Connecticut even if you will only be making sales for one day. You must display the permit prominently in your booth or table.

You must obtain a Sales and Use Tax Permit before making any sales. The requirement to obtain a permit applies to individuals, corporations, partnerships, and all other business entities that will make sales in this state, regardless of the number of sales that will be made or the amount of tax that will be collected.

As a seller, you are responsible to collect sales and use taxes and you are liable for their payment whether or not you collect them as required from your customers. You must file returns and pay the full amount of tax due DRS.

Note: Failure to obtain a tax permit will result in a fine of not more than $500 or imprisonment of not more than three months, or both, for each offense.

Civil penalties will be imposed for failure to obtain or renew a seller’s permit. A penalty of $250 applies for the first day the person engages in business without a seller’s permit, and a penalty of $100 for each following day that the person engages in business without a seller’s permit. The penalty may be waived if the person proves that the failure to obtain or renew the seller’s permit was due to reasonable cause and was not intentional or due to neglect.

If DRS determines that taxes are owed to the State of Connecticut and that all administrative or judicial remedies are exhausted or have lapsed, DRS will not issue or renew a license or seller’s permit until the applicant pays the taxes or makes an arrangement with DRS to pay the taxes. This also applies to cigarette dealer’s, distributor’s, or manufacturer’s licenses, and to tobacco products distributor’s and unclassified importer’s licenses.

Is the cost included in the table price or should I get my own permit?

Jack

BfishLpond78
03/05/2017, 02:34 AM
Gahhhh get outta here with that Malloy tax banter!!!

AquaMama13
03/05/2017, 06:23 AM
Might have been Rick Correira who does similar UV sensitive paintings- very cool idea. He will be at the FFM as well. Cool guy, corals, tank bred fish and UV paintings. I don't know if he is bringing paintings with him but I know he is bringing fish and corals! He is room 120 along the first hallway if you want to peek! Rachel will be in the hallway along the back.

It was Rick, but Rachel donated a painting to our raffle and it is beautiful! Love both of their artwork

Tweaked
03/05/2017, 07:16 AM
.... hmmm

sde1500
03/05/2017, 07:53 AM
Definitely seems fishy but legit question I think. Though a little late to be trying to get in as a vendor.

sassAwrasse
03/05/2017, 08:35 AM
No conference that I've ever sold at in CT Or RI has asked for such a thing.

Vaiodude
03/05/2017, 08:37 AM
The Connecticut Area Reef Society is gearing up for FFM. What do you think of our new banner???

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170305/11c1727218a2c41080b6e0dc9bce9122.jpg

BfishLpond78
03/05/2017, 08:47 AM
No conference that I've ever sold at in CT Or RI has asked for such a thing.

Def suspect post.

Let's keep on with the positive vibes!!!

Vaiodude
03/05/2017, 08:59 AM
Let's see some eye candy!!!! Who has some previews of what they are bringing??

Kvinal2
03/05/2017, 09:01 AM
I love the fact that Jon works so hard to put on such a positive event for our reef community and the cause is even greater that the proceeds go toward education and further conservation in our reefs!!! Keep up the amazing work everyone. Reef on!

sniper2be
03/05/2017, 09:53 AM
i look at it as an investment. i am just reinvesting in my tank anyway so it's NFP. i make no gains and have losses. so as far as i am concerned i'm covered and just up there for the good vibes and good time.. .. i am gonna have trouble sleeping for he next 5 nights.. just the thoughts of all this Coral in one location...

dMarina
03/05/2017, 10:55 AM
Hi,
Fragcity will not be a vendor at the OSRAS Conference. He has also been banned from our forum.
Let's all have a great show!

fitch4
03/05/2017, 11:01 AM
Agreed! Lets have a great Frag Farmer's Market and then a great OSRAS conference a month after.
Thanks Deb!

sniper2be
03/05/2017, 11:06 AM
Ok, i must be missing something, but doesn't matter i wont be missing all the corals up at FFM.. we need more pictures for this thread...

BfishLpond78
03/05/2017, 11:06 AM
Ok, i must be missing something, but doesn't matter i wont be missing all the corals up at FFM.. we need more pictures for this thread...

Yea where are all your photos!!!!

sniper2be
03/05/2017, 11:09 AM
I haven't taken Franky's class yet.

osrascom
03/05/2017, 11:17 AM
Looking forward to the show, as always. See you in a week. Pass the word on this guy.

Usernam Invalid
03/05/2017, 01:20 PM
Yea where are all your photos!!!!

Yes we need more pics where's all the teasers

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170305/db238e0543f8cc6abe389e4e70c4acef.jpg

I will be bringing 300+ acro frags and some LPS [emoji16][emoji106]
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170305/d5bef6641ef060ff5726d915d6b4b1dd.jpg

CL8869
03/05/2017, 04:23 PM
Would it be worth me coming if I could only get there around say 3PM?

I have a FOWLR which I want to convert to a reef tank soon, this could be worth me going I assume to buy some stuff to start with? Maybe I should PM you? Its only 50 miles from me.

BfishLpond78
03/05/2017, 04:25 PM
Would it be worth me coming if I could only get there around say 3PM?

I have a FOWLR which I want to convert to a reef tank soon, this could be worth me going I assume to buy some stuff to start with? Maybe I should PM you? Its only 50 miles from me.

I would say yes. At 3-4pm vendors like to cut prices to reduce the amount of stock taken home. Lots of great corals left at that time.

CL8869
03/05/2017, 04:30 PM
Well I currently only have a normal white LED strip on my tank as its just an FOWLR, however I am planning on buying correct lighting. Looks like I may need to order the lights tonight if I plan on buying any corals for this coming weekend.

fitch4
03/05/2017, 04:35 PM
Darn it Mike. You beat me to it. I was going to say the same thing. For someone new into reefing, late is a great time to come as people tend to want to get rid of things so they have less to bring home. Stop by and see me in room 107 and I will hook you up with a few starter corals for your tank- stuff we have grown at the school.

osrascom
03/05/2017, 06:08 PM
This hobby is so addictive, that a FOWLR tank ALWAY ends up turning into a reef tank! lol

CL8869
03/05/2017, 06:29 PM
Yeah I already took a half day at work so I can come down there Saturday! Going to order the lights I need tonight.

BfishLpond78
03/05/2017, 07:56 PM
Yeah I already took a half day at work so I can come down there Saturday! Going to order the lights I need tonight.

Do you know what type of lighting you'll be going after? Lots of reefers to give you advice or find a deal at the show! Maybe even win a light if Jon has that in the Arsenal!

CL8869
03/05/2017, 10:51 PM
I ordered the Mars Aqua omes everyone seems to be loving. They were cheap and seem to be good for the small amount of cash they cost.

epstein
03/07/2017, 10:53 AM
4 days left!!

BfishLpond78
03/07/2017, 11:00 AM
4 days left!!

I think you need a super bright shirt so people know who's peddling the raffle tickets. [emoji39]

epstein
03/07/2017, 12:47 PM
Gee thanks

BfishLpond78
03/07/2017, 01:04 PM
Gee thanks

Well it's better than having to shout over everyone! Just see the man in the bright "???" Colored shirt with the good looks.

fitch4
03/07/2017, 03:45 PM
Red, his shirt is red this year.

cato
03/07/2017, 07:28 PM
I think you need a super bright shirt so people know who's peddling the raffle tickets. [emoji39]

Haha! He'll have one!! :D

CL8869
03/08/2017, 09:03 AM
So I got lucky and my lights are being delivered today! So I'm going to get those all setup tonight and I am leaving work around 12 on Sat so I should be at the show for around 130 ish. Maybe 2. Is there an entry fee?

fitch4
03/08/2017, 09:20 AM
Just $5, and it all goes to the school coral project!

CL8869
03/08/2017, 10:16 AM
Sounds good! I'm so excited. My wife is pretty stoked too I showed her the frag pics in this thread and her eyes lit up!

epstein
03/08/2017, 03:54 PM
3 days!

fitch4
03/09/2017, 05:13 AM
Weather report for Storrs, CT for the next couple days. Little bit of snow tomorrow, just a few inches in the morning- no worries. Saturday looks to be cold and fraggy... See you all there!
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/fitch4CT/weather_zpsnrzdfcfd.jpg (http://s557.photobucket.com/user/fitch4CT/media/weather_zpsnrzdfcfd.jpg.html)

fitch4
03/10/2017, 04:53 AM
Was unpacking raffle items ALL day yesterday. I haven't seen any of the corals yet and it already is going to be the biggest and best FFM yet!

oldpaddy
03/10/2017, 07:12 AM
Hee hee
It's like Xmas eve for me! I'll be making the 3hr drive down there tomorrow.

Should I bring my cooler inside with me, or leave it in my car? Should I add some water or will everyone be bagging the corals? Are there excellent deals to be had on sps/lps corals?
Will someone distract my wife for me?

AquaMama13
03/10/2017, 07:21 AM
Hee hee
It's like Xmas eve for me! I'll be making the 3hr drive down there tomorrow.

Should I bring my cooler inside with me, or leave it in my car? Should I add some water or will everyone be bagging the corals? Are there excellent deals to be had on sps/lps corals?
Will someone distract my wife for me?

Most people bring their coolers in with them and most vendors add enough water to the bags. Make sure you stop by CTARS table!

fireshark02
03/10/2017, 07:36 AM
Hi everyone! I'm looking to buy 1 hydra 52 non HD if someone has an extra one they are looking to sell. Thanks!

oldpaddy
03/10/2017, 07:56 AM
Most people bring their coolers in with them and most vendors add enough water to the bags. Make sure you stop by CTARS table!

CTARS?

Awesome! I need some peppermint shrimp, think I'll find some?
Obviously I've never been to one of these events before. Any advice or anything you'd like to share?

AquaMama13
03/10/2017, 08:02 AM
CTARS?

Awesome! I need some peppermint shrimp, think I'll find some?

Obviously I've never been to one of these events before. Any advice or anything you'd like to share?

Connecticut Area Reef Society, we are a non profit club. I'm sure you'll find one or multiple shrimp. Come with lots of money, that's my advice lol

fitch4
03/10/2017, 08:07 AM
Definitely lots of money. Think of how much you might spend at a fish store, then imagine they are having a great sale, now multiply that by 60...

oldpaddy
03/10/2017, 08:37 AM
Connecticut Area Reef Society, we are a non profit club. I'm sure you'll find one or multiple shrimp. Come with lots of money, that's my advice lol

Ah. I haven't lived in ct since '03. I'm a mass guy.

So who's going to distract my wife? Can you guys at least pretend to charge me less in front of her? Last thing I want is for her to drag me out by my ear...

180+55reef
03/10/2017, 09:57 AM
HI all

I will be in room 111, with the Christmas lights lol

$10 acan frags!!

Usernam Invalid
03/10/2017, 10:19 AM
24hrs [emoji16]

davered00ss
03/10/2017, 10:28 AM
HI all

I will be in room 111, with the Christmas lights lol

$10 acan frags!!

I just got your email. I will be there.

polywise
03/10/2017, 12:28 PM
ROOM 105

bringing lots of SPS.....
red planet, purple/purple & purple/blue milliepora, blue tipped tenuis, powder blue granulosa, yellow aussie stag, pink birdsnest, pink/green birds of paradise, green slimer
tricolor valiada, orange & purple digitatas, hot green hydnophora, purple & green stylophoras, pink lemonade

including Oregon Blue Tort Purple Monster Cali Tort

AquaMama13
03/10/2017, 01:48 PM
Ah. I haven't lived in ct since '03. I'm a mass guy.

So who's going to distract my wife? Can you guys at least pretend to charge me less in front of her? Last thing I want is for her to drag me out by my ear...

Lol! Have her going listen to the speakers while you buy

CL8869
03/10/2017, 07:43 PM
Man I'm so pumped for tomorrow! What is the cutoff time to get in on some raffles?

sniper2be
03/10/2017, 08:25 PM
3:59

CL8869
03/10/2017, 10:51 PM
Well that works I'll be there for like 2 ish!

fitch4
03/11/2017, 03:46 AM
Last night was set-up for the vendors and I have to say, there are going to be more corals, more dry goods, and more AWESOME stuff in the raffle at this FFM than there has ever been before. This will be the biggest and best FFM that there has ever been. If you are on the fence about coming out this year- definitely come out. There is nowhere that you will see this many corals all in one place. There are a bunch of new people selling this year and we did successfully make it all the way across the country, with our first vendor from CA!

jj5
03/11/2017, 07:18 AM
It's almost time. I stayed in CT last night just to not have to drive from LI this morning. It's gonna be great.

CL8869
03/11/2017, 08:21 AM
I guess I'm lucky I'm so close by! It's only a 50 min ride for me. So glad I found this thread.

AquaMama13
03/11/2017, 08:41 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170311/6ea5b2be37a9f87ef5577f78deb6ba67.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170311/48559fc87f040af0cc969465dd99ff90.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170311/ba67b7554cdf1f000bcde6642d2e12e7.jpg
CTARS is ready!!

FluffyBunny
03/11/2017, 09:56 PM
Hey, I only just heard about this today so I wasn't able to make it but someone said this event would also be going on tomorrow. Is that true?

sniper2be
03/11/2017, 09:57 PM
Nope. Everything is broke down one day event. It was a blast, sorry you missed it set a reminder in you phone for beginning of March for next year's event!

FluffyBunny
03/12/2017, 09:11 AM
Nope. Everything is broke down one day event. It was a blast, sorry you missed it set a reminder in you phone for beginning of March for next year's event!

Ah alright, will do. Thank you for the reply.

fitch4
03/12/2017, 01:46 PM
Yeah, sorry but FFM only happens once a year. Its like Christmas for reefers but I have to run around and open all the doors, move all the furniture and make sure Santa has everything that he needs...

AquaMama13
03/12/2017, 01:57 PM
Yeah, sorry but FFM only happens once a year. Its like Christmas for reefers but I have to run around and open all the doors, move all the furniture and make sure Santa has everything that he needs...

And you do an amazing job! Thanks again for all that you do

Usernam Invalid
03/12/2017, 05:46 PM
Want to say thanks to Jon(fitch4) all his helpers, CTARS and everyone else that had a hand in making this event possible. We had a blast and can't wait todo it again next year.
-Jay
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170312/1db2d3a8045655b093fb8c753e1b2d4c.jpg

miran2782
03/25/2017, 06:10 AM
What was the final attendance number this year? Other demographic data was collected at the entrance this year (i.e. State attendee came from, how many FFMs they have been to). It would be interesting to see that information for this past event. Though the data may not exist, it would also be interesting to see the attendance, #vendors, #of rooms, ... over the last 10 years. Thanks for all your tremendous effort putting on this great event!

fitch4
03/25/2017, 09:52 AM
Final attendance for the FFM was 1130 for this year. That is up over 100 from last year, so the FFM continues to grow! I do have the data for where people come from and how many times they have been. Anthony collected that info at the door for me. Let me see if I can pull it out and post it. Glad you enjoyed it again, and I am already working on next year's FFM. Save March 3rd, 2018!

fitch4
03/27/2017, 09:27 AM
Here is the data from the people who came to the FFM this year. Not any big suprises, lots of CT, MA and NY people. Some of the smaller states don't have as many RI, NH, VT and the farther from CT you get the smaller the number as well. Still cool to see- thanks Anthony!
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/fitch4CT/68F7257B-9A8E-4EC2-B60A-6D6FC82D9F4C_zpssyd3maui.png (http://s557.photobucket.com/user/fitch4CT/media/68F7257B-9A8E-4EC2-B60A-6D6FC82D9F4C_zpssyd3maui.png.html)

fitch4
04/20/2017, 09:16 AM
FFM XI is going to be on March 3rd 2018- mark your calendars! The biggest show in the NE is coming back for another round next year!