PDA

View Full Version : Dry Fish Food - Any premium brands?

Wind
11/19/2016, 12:51 AM
Hello,

Wondering if there is anything new out there or comparable to the Clclop-eeze Flakes? Been looking for it for a while now. It seems like no matter what brand, the dry flakes just turn soggy or stale. I'm guessing just due to exposure to air or whatever.

Anyone can suggest any good brand, especially with Black Fri coming up?

Thanks.

bkcjames
11/19/2016, 08:27 AM
Flake food just breaks down to quickly... I've been feeding spectrum for years with great results. All my fish love it.

fishfreak2009
11/19/2016, 03:26 PM
New Life Spectrum pellets are great. I've fazed flake food out of my feeding almost entirely. My fish get a mix of the small fish and the regular size pellets 3x daily, and frozen in the morning and evening, as well as if I'm home at lunch. I also provide a sheet of nori each day. Well fed fish equal very happy fish.

Wind
11/19/2016, 06:50 PM
Thanks. Anybody know where I can get something similar to the Cyclopeeze?

I have used Ocean Nutrition and various brands as well. I'll try the pellets.

I usually do the frozen foods before water changes.

AlSimmons
11/19/2016, 07:03 PM
Gosh, I've been using flake foods to feed both my freshwater and saltwater fish for about 27 years now without any problems. I don't know why your flakes are getting soggy or stale, but even if they do there still perfectly fine to use. It's just fish food. Some of the brands I really like are Ocean Nutrition, OSI, Tetra and Zoo Med.

ThRoewer
11/20/2016, 11:41 AM
My regal angels seem to prefer flakes and pellets over a lot of frozen foods.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

scooter31707
11/21/2016, 11:48 AM
I have been using NLS for years now, but just recently (5 months) start using their Flake food and my fish loves it. So my fish gets a good dosing of NLS pellets and flakes everyday.

Achilles Torben
11/21/2016, 01:13 PM
Panta Rhei make special food like Sponge or Polyp. Now they developed some new things. The pellets are now semi hard because the fats put on end of process. It is a little bit because of fats and you can smell the pellets. Now should morays also eat that pellets. I test it for tiny Chaetodon similarvatus. One who never pick pellets before eat it directly. The smaller interested in but pellets to big for himself I believe. Kauderni doesn't recognize this pallets unfortunately. Today is second day of feeding pallets hope will work better than normal pellets

Grüße Torben

Gesendet mit Tapatalk