PDA

View Full Version : Osmolator 3155 operation problem

sean_nj
10/27/2003, 12:04 AM
Hi Roger,

I ordered this osmolator (3155) from Champion and got it directly from you this Friday. Today I spent several hours testing it. My brand new osmolator 3155 has the same problem as Proxymoron posted earlier. The level sensor can switch on the metering pump when the water lever goes below it, and can even do it when the level sensor is completely covered by water. But once the pump is on, it never stops. The safety sensor will turn on the alarm when the water lifts the float, but it will not shut down the pump. Sometimes the pump light and the green light will come on at the same time.

I will go away for the week of Nov 2 for a meeting. So I really need to have it fixed or replaced by the end of this week. Sould I contact champion or you for help?

Thanks for your help,

sean

rvitko
10/27/2003, 07:57 AM
The pump is actually running or do you have the hose below the level of your reservoir so you are actually priming a siphon and though the pump stops the water continues to flow. Please note in the manual the hose is supposed to run up to the aquarium. Running the hose to the sump frequently results in the pump starting, the hose is full of water and now siphons the water out of the bucket. Please check this and let me know.

sean_nj
10/27/2003, 08:25 AM
Roger,

The water return hose is well above the water level in the water tank. The pump pumps water only when the yellow light is on, and I can hear the sound from the pump. So I do not think it's a siphon effect. Everytime after I unplug and replug the power supply, the pump will work for the first try, then after about 10 to 30 minutes, the pump light turns yellow and it will pump water again, although the water already cover the level sensor. And it will not stop from there.

sean

rvitko
10/27/2003, 08:41 AM
Please check back in maybe 2hrs. I will ask Axel Tunze if he has any ideas for a remedy. If not you will need to contact Champion as they are the seller. I will also contact them and try to arrange that we ship a new one to you today. They will then have to issue a call tag and may require a deposit until the old one is recieved. We will get this resolved.

rvitko
10/27/2003, 10:12 AM
OK, after talking to Champion and Axel Tunze we conclude that the best way to handle this is I send you the brain unit 5017 out today by 3 day UPS so you have it on time. When you recieve it return the old brain. Our humble apologies, Axel felt it was possible that it passed the test because it works for one cycle and then it fails because either the optic sensor has a defect or the timing chip. This is very rare and I have to assume that Proxymoron solved her problem because I never recieved it back.

BTW, I will do my best to get a call tag to you, I have never done this before as we don't do many drop ships and generally the dealer is responsible for this. If I cannot figure it out contact me and we will make some arrangement otherwise.

sean_nj
10/27/2003, 10:33 AM
Roger,

Thanks a lot,

sean

sean_nj
10/27/2003, 10:47 AM
Roger,

I guess the timer in the controller is configured the other way. After 10 minutes, instead of shutting down the pump, the controller switches the pump on.

sean

rvitko
10/27/2003, 10:55 AM
Your tracking number is 1Z Y34 Y37 12 4092 0343. I included a return label. I am very sorry for this problem and only wish to insure you it is very rare. The Osmolator is actually more popular than the Stream pumps and we sell at least 30 per month and the problems are very rare.