PDA

View Full Version : Swiping tanks.

Preble
11/26/2016, 10:20 AM
I just bought a oceanic bio cube 29 for 50 bucks I currently have a 20 gallon tank with an eBay LED light it works great if anybody is wondering but back to what I was saying I have one Monti A green one plate kind will the bio cube lights be enough to keep that particular coral alive also I'm only going to switch over maybe 6 pounds of live rock and get the rest new with some bio Spira Sha white for the tank the cycle or do you think that should be enough to have a healthy tank going when I switch The fish over not trying to rush things I'm trying to do the right way (sorry if my paragraph is all choppy and out of order no periods or anything I'm using talks to text at work not trying to get busted by the boss man LOL)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Preble
11/28/2016, 10:42 AM
362359 nevermind...

worm5406
11/28/2016, 02:56 PM
To answer your question, though.

Any addition of non live rock will start to cause a mini cycle. Not on the existing good rock, but on the new rock. This may cause issues with any thing that may already be on the rock, while it becomes live. Personally I would put the new rock into the new tank and start doing water changes. Put the old water into the new tank and put a few peices of old rock with it.

Let it cycle with the added boost of the bacteria in the water column and on the existing rock you have. Then when it is done you can move the rest of the rock and inhabitants without any mini cycles.

Tooboot
11/28/2016, 03:13 PM
362359 nevermind...

Oh my... what happened

worm5406
11/28/2016, 03:56 PM
Oh my... what happened

Bottom right corner of that tank in the attachment has a crack in it. Plus a little tiny peice missing half way up. Nothing a little super glue wont fix (It wont, please do not try it)

Preble
11/28/2016, 04:16 PM
I dropped it, didn't have a good grab on it.
The lid shifted and I made my wife cry. She wanted a biocube so bad.
So if anyone needs biocube parts let me know.

CrayolaViolence
11/28/2016, 05:05 PM
Aw Sh*T. So sorry that happened.