PDA

View Full Version : The Sovereign Reef SPS ZeoVit system

soverjas
11/27/2016, 11:50 AM
I am just getting back in the hobby after having to tear down my last system a year ago. I started reefing back around 95 and until this past year have always had a system up in running. I thought I was out and sold all my old equipment. Like many people on here its a passion of mine and brings me peace of mind after a long day while challenging me.

I love how far this hobby has come in the last 20 years and so many people on reef central and my local forums have inspired me. I didn't get into SPS until a locally reefer started posting pictures and videos and I was taken back by just how beautiful SPS reefs can be. That was about a decade ago when the SPS community was much smaller and he was able to accomplish something very few at time where able to do. I owe him a mention SunnyX.

So I dove in head first. Took my rudimentary knowledge at the time of reef keeping and read as much as I could about everything. To this day if I find a article on light spectrum or chemistry in reef tank I read. I scour the forums and If I find someone that is having great success I ask tons of questions and try to understand more. In my last system once I finally figured out the chemistry, flow and lighting I was able to grow little frags out to full colonies.

that brings us to today. I am starting over fresh. I know from some of my past systems I would like to keep it a little smaller so that I find it more manageable from a electric bill, maintenance and noise stand point. I have about 5 months before I move again so I am taking that time to have the system built

I have already been working on the filtration over the past 3 months and reading and watching reviews on new products. My last system was set up about 8 years ago and ran for about 6 1/2 years so I am excited about all new equipment.

The system and life support so far. Many people may find it funny that I am building the tank and stand last. I knew what dimensions I wanted on the tank when I started. The stand I am going to have built to accommodate the equipment last so I am not forced to squeeze something into a space that wont accommodate it.

Tank = 36x18x18 tall custom sapphire glass (builder unknown but leaning towards Miracles)
Stand = Custom will be oversize built from t slot aluminum and have removable facade. (2k budget and need input)
OverFlow - Synergy Reef Shadow
Sump - Synergy Reef SS34
Skimmer - NYOS Quantum 120 Protein Skimmer
Zeolite reactor - Fish Street 1Liter
ATO - Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155
Controller - Apex Neptune 2016
Dosing pumps - Neptune DOS + DDR
Par Monitoring - Neptune PMK and Apogee full spectrum quantum sensor.
Lighting - ATI 36 inch Power Module
Flow - Maxspect gyre XF230 x2
Return and manifold - Vectra M1 DC (2000 GPH) - Ecotech Marine
Batter Back up - VORTECH BATTERY BACK-UP - ECOTECH MARINE
Heater - Finnex HMX 200W Heater with Digital Controller
Chiller - Aqua Euro USA Max Chill 1/13 HP
Back up power -Stand alone circuit emergency power portable generator kit. Generac

Additives and Media

ZEOvit Media (1L) - Korallen-Zucht
ZEOBAK MICROORGANISM SOLUTION - KORALLEN-ZUCHT
ZEOSTART 3 - KORALLEN-ZUCHT
ZEOFOOD 7 - KORALLEN-ZUCHT
Amino Acid Concentrate - Korallen-Zucht
various other KZ products for trace elements.
B-Ionic 2 part
BRS ROX 0.8 Carbon

It will have a professional look when its all done. Luckily for me I have a couple of close friends that happens to be a plumber and the other electrician. The hardest part of the build will be the stand. It may double as a desk at one end or have some counter space on both sides. for the facade I was thinking high gloss white finish but still exploring options. I will get some picture up as I go.

Jason Out

soverjas
11/27/2016, 12:14 PM
hmmmm

sahin
11/27/2016, 04:38 PM
What a coincidence. I am pretty sure I watched a few of your YT videos (inc the one about the ATI Hybrid) this morning on your YT channel just this morning. Subscribed. :)

I sure miss SunnyX. He was back on another forum recently but kinda disappeared again.

Your equipment specs are awesome. Cant wait to see what you do with this tank. :thumbsup:

Saltwaterwill
12/01/2016, 07:34 PM
Hey what's up man this is a fellow YouTuber SaltwaterWill
I'm here to help the best I can with your 8020 stand :)

soverjas
12/01/2016, 08:25 PM
Hey what's up man this is a fellow YouTuber SaltwaterWill
I'm here to help the best I can with your 8020 stand :)

Thanks Will, You have one of the best stands I have seen and similar to what I want so I wanted your thoughts. I have been playing around with the CAD program but my skills are lacking. My overflow was delivered today so I will be getting that out this weekend and have the tank built. I might be a small waiting list so while the tank is being built it will give me time to plan out the stand. I wanted to go with 1.5 inch T slot. I am playing with a few designs. For the filtration, ATO, Chiller and electrical compartment I need about 55 inches. since the tank is going to be drilled in the back but I want to put the stand flush against the wall I was thinking about having the stand be 24 inches deep with the tank only 18 inches front to back and run the overflow pipes and return through holes cut out through the top so it looks clean. I am wondering if the weight would be a issue since it wont be evenly distributed to 4 corners. I think with all the corner support it wont matter. What do you think? its a 36x18x18 tall tank. Thats approx 50 gallon display so I'd guess around 600lbs once rock and water is added.I think once I add the top it would distribute the weight to the corners fine.

Saltwaterwill
12/02/2016, 10:10 AM
Id say since u have a 50 gallon and if u have brackets similar to mine U should be fine with the weight.