PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid 14-day vacation Feeder?

RobMar
11/28/2016, 02:28 PM
I'll be going on a 12-day trip and I don't have anyone who can come over and feed my Ocellaris Clownfish. I have a 29-gal Nano Cube with a hood that doesn't allow for mounting an auto-feeder. I have live rock with various soft corals and some small anemones that grew out of the live rock. The tank is well-established and has been fairly problem-free for 4-5 years. I'll be leaving in 3 days and I have only two options. (1) Give my fish away (2) Try one of those dissolving 14-day feeders.

Does anyone have any experience with the Pyramid 14-day vacation feeder. I loathe to use one but I'm in a bind. :(

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

anbosu
11/28/2016, 04:35 PM
I wouldn't use one of those in a saltwater aquarium. Assuming your fish is well fed normally it should be fine for 12 days. It's not ideal, but less chance of the fish dying that way.

RobMar
11/28/2016, 08:48 PM
I wouldn't use one of those in a saltwater aquarium. Assuming your fish is well fed normally it should be fine for 12 days. It's not ideal, but less chance of the fish dying that way.

Thanks ANBOSU. I went to the place I bought my clown from several years ago and explained my situation. I asked if they could take the fish since I was out of options come Thursday--they said they could and even offered to give me money. I'm happy he'll be in a good place--but bummed I'm giving him up.

Cliving1
11/29/2016, 06:22 AM
You dont have anyone that can come by every few days and feed them? Or see if you can pay a lfs?

sde1500
11/29/2016, 11:48 AM
I'd look into paying an LFS to do it, better than selling your fish.

wmo168
06/15/2017, 12:16 PM
Did you end up selling your fish? It is very strange to sell a fish you had for 4-5 years,.. it is part of your family.

2000se
06/15/2017, 02:52 PM
I totally agree. Part of the family!! Dump a bottle of pods in there and call it good for the week.
Edit - just saw this thread was like 6 months old. ugh