PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Think of My Plumbing?

ZedLepelin
12/06/2016, 03:26 PM
I don't really have space for unions in my stand, but I was trying to make the drain pipes detachable to facilitate cleaning. Unfortunately this design used metal hose clamps which are starting to rust and I feel like my drain pluming is a recipe for disaster (see pictures). I was thinking of Removing all the hose unions and clamps and just gluing them in with a coupler. For the siphon drain on the right side that needs to be at an angle I will try to use a bit of spa flex hose to keep the drain slope. These are Herbie style drains with dual corner overflows. I feel the hard plumbed drains will be a lot safer and I could always snake a brush through the drains to clean them.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks You :p

GimpyFin
12/06/2016, 03:30 PM
Did you attach the pics?

ZedLepelin
12/06/2016, 04:00 PM
Man That's an ordeal Trying to resize and post pictures. haha

ericarenee
12/06/2016, 04:32 PM
The Word Rust comes to mind

I would get some plastic clamps.

tanksfishtank
12/06/2016, 04:34 PM
I would trade the metal hose clamps for plastic.

Nick92515
12/06/2016, 04:50 PM
Looks cramped. What made you put the flex there?

Brian Crook
12/06/2016, 06:54 PM
I'd remove the flex tube and clamps, and install a slip-to-thread fitting onto the end of the exposed slip pipe coming out the bottom of the bulkhead (unless you just want to replace your slip bulkheads with threaded ones). Then you can thread those pieces into your downstream piping with another fitting, and you're done; minimal work required, leak tight, and removable.

slief
12/06/2016, 06:59 PM
Yikes.. Like others said, get rid of the metal clamps. It will rust even if they are stainless. Also, what made you use the hose there. You should have just hard plumbed it for peace of mind and longevity.

ozzysince87
12/07/2016, 09:01 AM
I work in he fastener line and here we sell type 316 stainless hose clamps. Type 316 is more corrosive resistant and we sell that type of stainless all the time for dock builders and such where the application will be directly in the water. The problem with normal hose clamps is the screw is not stainless just the body. I'm sure if you look at yours its the screw rusting. I would look for some type 316 stainless ones and specify you want the screw stainless also. Just my .02

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk