PDA

View Full Version : Photon V2 - Power Outage - Blue Light Only

Chief2036
12/07/2016, 02:22 PM
Hello everyone,

I have a Photon V2, and I have noticed that when the power is lost to my light and is then restored, that the light comes back on and is only emitting blue light. In order to get my normal program to start back up, I have to use the remote to turn off and then turn the light back on using the remote's power button.

I was wondering if this is known/expected behavior? I would have assumed that the light should automatically pick the program back up, as I leave my remote plugged in to ensure it is charged, but I don't really know what the expected behavior is. Has anybody else experienced this or have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Ron Reefman
12/07/2016, 05:30 PM
I've had a couple of power outages and my V2's come back on as programmed.

Chief2036
12/07/2016, 05:34 PM
When programming them, did you have to do anything special, or wait a particular amount of time for them to come back on? I contacted Logan, and from his email I realized that I had the RESET option in the settings set to YES, which I have now fixed and set to NO. However, after doing so, now when the power goes out and comes back on, the lights flash quickly and then stay off.

For programming mine, I just went to the CUSTOM option and set each hour to the level that I wanted and hit save, I am curious if I am missing some step a long the way to make sure the program persists in the light

Chief2036
12/08/2016, 08:12 PM
So just as an update, my light seems to be working now.....I went back to my program and re-saved it today, and then unplugged and re-plugged the light in, and this time it worked. I am not sure why it worked today and not yesterday, maybe I didn't re-save it last time. Thanks Ron for your input!

Ron Reefman
12/09/2016, 04:35 AM
Chief2036, you are welcome... I guess. I don't know that I offered much.

And yesterday I was doing some rewiring in a bathroom remodel and had to turn off a circuit breaker. It also turned off my led fixtures. When I powered the back up, one was on 'custom' as it should be and the other went to 'sunny'? Sometimes technology...