PDA

View Full Version : Red Sea's NO3:PO4-X - Side Effects?

Xxero
12/08/2016, 04:40 PM
I have dosed with Red Sea's Nopox in the past, but I didn't have any Leather Corals at that time.

I recently started dosing with the Nopox again, and both of my Leather Corals shrunk up immediately. They have both been retracted for the last 2 days, and I was just wondering if anyone has ever experienced the same thing?

mcgyvr
12/08/2016, 05:05 PM
Nothing to be worried about.. Its not causing them any harm..
Sometimes those leathers just close up for a little while and may shed a top layer of skin,etc...

Xxero
12/08/2016, 05:22 PM
Okay. It's just odd that they both retracted immediately after dosing and haven't fluffed back out since. I feel like it was directly related to the Nopox.

I guess I'll just keep an eye on things, but I would hate to lose those Leathers. :uhoh2:

garygonzales
12/10/2016, 02:41 PM
its true that leathers do this ,,but when i started nopox it made all of my leathers mad..they didnt like it ...it took awhile but they did open up ...

eder10986
12/10/2016, 03:25 PM
Okay. It's just odd that they both retracted immediately after dosing and haven't fluffed back out since. I feel like it was directly related to the Nopox.

I guess I'll just keep an eye on things, but I would hate to lose those Leathers. :uhoh2:

Make sure you're running a skimmer. I crashed a tank because of nopox and no skimmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xxero
12/10/2016, 05:24 PM
its true that leathers do this ,,but when i started nopox it made all of my leathers mad..they didnt like it ...it took awhile but they did open up ...

Hey Gary!
So did you quit dosing the Nopox and then they opened back up, or did you keep dosing and the Leathers finally began to tolerate the Nopox?

I know that Leathers will retract on occasion to slough off skin, but mine rarely do. I split the initial dose in half, and as soon as it hit the water column, both of my Leathers shrunk up. Despite the comforting advice, I panicked, and I discontinued with the Nopox. It's been 3 days since that first dose, and both Leathers finally opened back up today.

Make sure you're running a skimmer. I crashed a tank because of nopox and no skimmer.

That sucks. Yes, I am running a skimmer, and just with that initial dose of Nopox, I have been emptying my skimmer's cup twice every day! :uhoh3: Really foul smelling stuff at that.

I know that a lot of people use Nopox with no issues (myself included in the past), but this time made me nervous. I think that I am just going to up my water changes and cut back on my feeding. My Nitrates have been creeping up lately, but I believe it's from overfeeding my fine, finned friends. :bigeyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garygonzales
12/10/2016, 06:27 PM
nope still dosing..im guessing they just tolerate it now...

ReefCowboy
12/10/2016, 07:51 PM
I dose it for over two years, excellent results...will use it for every tank i plan to keep.
My No3's are way low, but im dosing other elements for color in a low nutrient tank, sps only so that is helping tons