PDA

View Full Version : Biocube 32 LED

reefervanwinkle
12/11/2016, 06:25 PM
May be better off asking this in the nano section...

Asking for a friend, will a tunze 9004 skimmer fit in the back of the new biocube 32 LED?

Thanks in advance, having a hard time finding dimensions of the rear compartments for the new biocube 32LED

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blitz132
12/12/2016, 07:45 AM
Sorry I can't 100% answer your question. The lid on the 32 LED is not the same lid used on the earlier models. The lid is not as tall and for that reason, you can't look at what will fit on the 29g. With the new lid, I think you loose about 1.5" to 2" in height.

I know that besides the Biocube skimmer, you will have all kinds of problems trying to find a skimmer that will fit in chamber 1 without modifications to the lid. You can fit a couple of skimmers in chamber 2. Aquatic life 115 for example.

I did get the Biocube skimmer and yes I know it is nowhere even average but, on sale for $16 I bought it and a couple extra stones.

reefervanwinkle
12/12/2016, 08:09 AM
Sorry I can't 100% answer your question. The lid on the 32 LED is not the same lid used on the earlier models. The lid is not as tall and for that reason, you can't look at what will fit on the 29g. With the new lid, I think you loose about 1.5" to 2" in height.

I know that besides the Biocube skimmer, you will have all kinds of problems trying to find a skimmer that will fit in chamber 1 without modifications to the lid. You can fit a couple of skimmers in chamber 2. Aquatic life 115 for example.

I did get the Biocube skimmer and yes I know it is nowhere even average but, on sale for $16 I bought it and a couple extra stones.

No worries at all, thanks for the replies, I appreciate that. He's not having much luck finding something that will fit without major modification

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk