PDA

View Full Version : Asymmetric hanging

alemone
12/12/2016, 05:36 PM
I would like to have an RMS track suspended over my tank. Something prevents me from securing the two wire at equal distance from the edge of the aquarium.
So the end result will be something like the image I am attaching.
Of course, without knowing the exact measurements and the weight and location of the lights, it's difficult to predict but has anybody have luck doing something similar?

mfinn
12/12/2016, 05:57 PM
I would like to have an RMS track suspended over my tank. Something prevents me from securing the two wire at equal distance from the edge of the aquarium.
So the end result will be something like the image I am attaching.
Of course, without knowing the exact measurements and the weight and location of the lights, it's difficult to predict but has anybody have luck doing something similar?

Sounds like the RMS mounts would serve you better.

If the center of a light is past the right side support cable, it would pull the end down, possibly into the water.
Not to mention how it would look.

alemone
12/12/2016, 06:08 PM
I was trying to avoid the side mounts but yes, those would solve my problem.
I would have a (heavier) light to the left of the left cable and only a XR15 at the far right end.

mfinn
12/12/2016, 06:22 PM
I was trying to avoid the side mounts but yes, those would solve my problem.
I would have a (heavier) light to the left of the left cable and only a XR15 at the far right end.

I'm thinking nothing good is going to happen.
Trying to find a balancing point would be difficult.

alemone
12/13/2016, 06:31 AM
I'm thinking nothing good is going to happen.
Trying to find a balancing point would be difficult.

Thanks. You are probably right.

mfinn
12/13/2016, 09:31 AM

What's in the way?
Maybe there is a solution that includes it.

alemone
12/13/2016, 11:44 AM
What's in the way?
Maybe there is a solution that includes it.

A ceiling fan.

jccaclimber
12/17/2016, 01:14 AM
Not ideal, but something dense like a chuck of steel or lead at one end of the rail might make that work. Make it the same size/shape as the end of the light and you may be able to disguise it well enough. Personally the unbalanced wire configuration would drive me nuts.

alemone
12/17/2016, 05:52 AM
Thanks for the feed back. I decided against it.

mfinn
12/17/2016, 09:37 AM
There are a bunch of different ways to mount Radions, and any other light fixture over a tank.
I used a product called eztube.
I've seen some pretty slick ( and cheap) wall mounts for flat screen tvs used.
There was a long thread here in this forum on how people mounted their Radions.

alemone
12/17/2016, 09:52 AM
I think I am gonna go with the mounting arm. Thanks.