PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Shores AL Collecting

jmcdaniel0
12/13/2016, 10:47 AM
* I moved this from the General Discussion Forum)

Hey guys, I am not really sure where this needs to be.

I own a house in Gulf Shores, out on Ft Morgan road, right near the Ferry. I am seriously considering putting on my mask and collecting some crabs, and anything else cool, I might find out here. I am aware of the laws and regulations concerning fish and coral. I do not intend on taking anything that is protected. Mainly snails and hermits and such. Anyone know of a good place to go to do this? Also, Any good spots to take the kids to walk around tide pools? I used to frequently dive the artificial reefs, if you havent been out to the lulu you should check it out. However, I ruptured my ear drum recently, and diving is a no go right now. I would just be messing around in water 10ft or less.

I would love your all suggestions.

Mods if im in the wrong place, feel free to punt the thread where it needs to be.

ace_92101
12/13/2016, 02:13 PM
Keep us posted. I'd love to hear what you see collect so close to shore.

jmcdaniel0
12/13/2016, 03:05 PM
The rocks on the Jetty near the ferry are covered with snails, crabs etc etc. I know those wont be a problem.

I am back in TN right now, Once I get back down there, Im going to set up a small QT tank so I can house my collections, before I bring back with me to TN.

Ron Reefman
12/13/2016, 05:24 PM
I set up a 65g shallow reef tank (4'x2'x14") and keep a variety of things we find on the beach (Gulf of Mexico) after a storm or that we collect in the Florida Keys.