PDA

View Full Version : New Dreamboxes under Development ...

Klaus Jansen
12/15/2016, 02:40 PM
Comming soon in 2017 : Fleece-Dreamboxes, Complet-Sets for our US-Customers.....

Klaus Jansen
12/15/2016, 02:43 PM
Any Pictures from the Prototypes.... more Pics you can get here ... http://www.meerwasserforum.info/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=53827&pageNo=38

slief
12/15/2016, 03:02 PM
Wow!! Those are the best shots I've seen yet! VERY nice!!! :beer:

neiltus
12/15/2016, 07:04 PM
very cool.

reefwiser
12/16/2016, 05:50 AM
Sweet Dreambox.

acesq
12/16/2016, 04:19 PM
The details are incredible. Does the input water drop straight down into the filter paper chamber?

slief
12/16/2016, 08:20 PM
The details are incredible. Does the input water drop straight down into the filter paper chamber?

No. The water enters the intake chamber and then passes through the openings seen in this picture. The lower opening is the main flow path into the roller filter chamber. At least that is my understanding.
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo347/shleif/Tanks/Royal%20Exclusiv/IMG_2672_zpsxyivvjmo.jpeg

Maximus
12/16/2016, 08:53 PM
Sweet! It even comes with a paper towel holder!!:)

savethereef
12/16/2016, 08:57 PM
wow really next level stuff

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

acesq
12/16/2016, 11:48 PM
No. The water enters the intake chamber and then passes through the openings seen in this picture. The lower opening is the main flow path into the roller filter chamber. At least that is my understanding.

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo347/shleif/Tanks/Royal%20Exclusiv/IMG_2672_zpsxyivvjmo.jpeg

Ah, I see. Another nice detail! Me likey!!

And the roller motor is triggered by the float switch. Cool.
Any idea how much flow it can handle? I'm sure it depends on the size of the plate but can a 24 wide sump handle 2000+ gph?

slief
12/17/2016, 10:50 AM
Ah, I see. Another nice detail! Me likey!!

And the roller motor is triggered by the float switch. Cool.
Any idea how much flow it can handle? I'm sure it depends on the size of the plate but can a 24 wide sump handle 2000+ gph?

I would think it could. The specs haven't been disclosed yet though.

Confuse
12/17/2016, 11:44 AM
This is somewhat of an off topic question, but I was wondering what Royal Exclusiv's stance on in-sump refugiums was since I have never seen a refugium made or utilized in any dreambox and instead, a reactor chamber appears to take its place. Is this a difference in reefkeeping philosophies between North America and Europe? I'm not too well versed on International reefkeeping.

Just a curious thought since I am considering a similar approach on my next sump. That is, replacing the refugium section for a reactor chamber.

P.S. My Double Cone 200 is still going strong! Best skimmer I've ever owned! =]

slief
12/17/2016, 12:21 PM
This is somewhat of an off topic question, but I was wondering what Royal Exclusiv's stance on in-sump refugiums was since I have never seen a refugium made or utilized in any dreambox and instead, a reactor chamber appears to take its place. Is this a difference in reefkeeping philosophies between North America and Europe? I'm not too well versed on International reefkeeping.

Just a curious thought since I am considering a similar approach on my next sump. That is, replacing the refugium section for a reactor chamber.

P.S. My Double Cone 200 is still going strong! Best skimmer I've ever owned! =]

At this point, they only offer a seperate dedicated refugium that uses a spray bar to create a gyre type of flow. I think there are a few reasons why they don't offer the in sump refugium. First has to do with the idea that the water level in a refugium should be deeper than that in the dreambox which is designed to optimize water levels for the skimmer via the adjustable water level plates. Also given the best flow scenario in a refugium, the in sump ones don't provide a best case scenario where chaeto can be tumbled. Lastly, if you look at the Dreambox design, you have the sock compartment, the skimmer compartment and then the weirs followed by the return compartment. Most in sump refugiums are undersized and provide little value when it comes to nutrient export. Since Royal doesn't cut corners, adding a refugium inside the Dreambox would mean compromising the refugiums effectiveness due to space constraints. That said, one could always use the skimmer compartment as a refugium and run an external skimmer or no skimmer at all. I wouldn't do that myself. I prefer a separate dedicated refugium so I can do maintenance on it without shutting down my sump and I also don't want the algae and or sand from my refugium dirtying up my sump.

deleau
12/31/2016, 11:01 AM
I probably know the answer, but will there be any retrofit options for any of the new tech/designs for current Dreambox owners?

slief
12/31/2016, 01:24 PM
I probably know the answer, but will there be any retrofit options for any of the new tech/designs for current Dreambox owners?

I doubt it. The filter roller assembly and the way it routes through the Dreambox required significant design changes as you can see from the photos. It would be next to impossible to retrofit the standard Dreamboxes with this roller filter assembly in it's current design. If it could be done, it would be something that would have to sit on top of the dreambox and would add significant height. That said, I don't think that is something that is planned for the near to distant future but we never know what Klaus is going to come up with next. :thumbsup:

Kalen
12/31/2016, 01:49 PM
Those are a work of art. So beautiful and amazing looking.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

D-Nak
01/09/2017, 02:56 PM
Any idea of sizes and ETA? I'm in the market for a new sump for a new build and am curious to see if this will be available any time soon (next couple of months or so).

slief
01/09/2017, 05:06 PM
Any idea of sizes and ETA? I'm in the market for a new sump for a new build and am curious to see if this will be available any time soon (next couple of months or so).

There is currently one size that is being built now and more sizes to come. I will wait for Klaus to let us know the other size options.
Typical build time is 3-4 months. It could be a bit less. Pricing, size and options can be found here. Price is in Eu with VAT but the number you see there is pretty close to US dollars with exchange rates.
http://royalexclusiv.net/Dreamboxes/Vlies-Fleece-Dreambox-filter-sytems-3-0/Vlies-Dreambox-filter-sytems/Vlies-Fleece-Dreambox-filter-sytem-size-S-130x60x35cm::1594.html

Chicago
01/15/2017, 09:16 AM
wow.. im looking for one of these .. but at 3 to 4k for a rolling fleece I think im ok with filter socks. nice builds though..

Klaus Jansen
02/12/2017, 12:20 PM
First Fleece-Dreamboxes by Customer... :hmm4:

Make the water crystal-clear ... Phosphat and Nitrat going down ...

best regards .. .Klaus

Toto72
03/13/2017, 05:41 AM
New Tank with RE Equipment...
Start 11.03

aplatn13
03/20/2017, 02:02 PM
wow this is one man dream!!! Hopefully, I can get one oneday :D

ReefClownMIA
08/31/2017, 11:48 AM
Thank You to all who came by at MACNA 2017 in New Orleans - We had a chance to present the new Dreambox 3 - Fleece Filter complete set, in 1300 cm size.

The amount of feedback and interest we received from customers was quite amazing, we do have 3 of these units in stock in the US now, fully crated up! We also have stock of all of the filter media/fleece rolls, in 40, 60 & 80g weights.

Please let either Scott, Cristina or myself know if you have any questions regarding the units!

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo347/shleif/Tanks/Royal%20Exclusiv/IMG_6157_zps1hlauozu.jpg

Store Link: http://royalexclusiv.com/Dreamboxen/Dreambox-filter-sytems-3-0:::58_129.html

Wazzel
08/31/2017, 01:10 PM
It was really impressive in person.