PDA

View Full Version : Storing mixed Probiotic salt for a week?

GSMclowns
12/16/2016, 10:40 AM
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if I can mix a large container with Probiotic reef salt and use it for continuous water change through out the whole week or month? Or I have to use the mixed water right away after mixing them?

is there any negative effect if I store them for the whole week or a month?

Thanks

Voodoojar
12/16/2016, 10:55 AM
I mix an entire week at a time and use it for auto water change. Doesn't seem to be an issue for me but maybe I'm losing whatever special stuff is in the water.

GoVols
12/16/2016, 01:12 PM
Probiotic reef salt is to be used ASAP once fully mixed.

If not your just wasting your money.

The Probiotic's and other goodies deteriorate fairly quickly after mixing and your tank will not get the benefit of the Probiotic Salt Mix.

If your mixing and storing or for slow usage buy the AF "Reef Salt". You can use the Pro Bio S and NP Pro daily.

But... It's your money.

plyle02
12/16/2016, 01:27 PM
Probiotic reef salt is to be used ASAP once fully mixed.

If not your just wasting your money.

The Probiotic's and other goodies deteriorate fairly quickly after mixing and your tank will not get the benefit of the Probiotic Salt Mix.

If your mixing and storing or for slow usage buy the AF "Reef Salt". You can use the Pro Bio S and NP Pro daily.

But... It's your money.

This is a correct statement :)

GSMclowns
12/16/2016, 03:33 PM
So use it once fully mixed is like 5 or 10 minutes after all salts are dissolved and the water cleared up right? Just want to confirm so I don't harm the acro.

Thanks

MichaelW
12/16/2016, 04:32 PM
I just use within 24 hour. Have gone longer like 2 days before but try within 24 hours. Reef salt is fine for keeping as you want.