PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Moray26
12/16/2016, 08:19 PM
Hello, i just had an overflow and conveniently my maxspect razor power supply brick was the one to get soaked... now I know that it's pretty much done and there's no hope for it. Therefore I need to purchase a new one... does anyone know places that sell the power brick? I'm from Ontario so anything around here would be best! It's the 300-320w one. Please let me know!

Thank you!

Moray26
12/18/2016, 09:35 AM
I managed to find a replacement. However it could take some time to receive. If I have natural sunlight will my corals survive for a few days? Or should I go buy some t5 as temp?

Any advice will help!

farfromsea
12/18/2016, 09:50 AM
Will be fine for a few days don't worry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moray26
12/18/2016, 11:02 AM
Thanks!

bblumberg
12/18/2016, 11:07 AM
Hello, i just had an overflow and conveniently my maxspect razor power supply brick was the one to get soaked... now I know that it's pretty much done and there's no hope for it. Therefore I need to purchase a new one... does anyone know places that sell the power brick? I'm from Ontario so anything around here would be best! It's the 300-320w one. Please let me know!

Thank you!

Let the power supply dry out thoroughly and you might be surprised to find that it works (unless it already shorted out). I can't find any information about IP rating, but it looks like this can be opened from web pictures. Disconnect it from the mains, remove the screws from one end, take out the innards and rinse everything with diH2O. Let everything dry out thoroughly for a few days, or blow it dry with hair dryer on low heat and reassemble and test. Might be useful as a spare....