PDA

View Full Version : Tunze 3155 osmolator - optical sensor seems to have stopped working

artieg
12/18/2016, 10:36 AM
Purchased less than a year ago. Worked fine until a few days ago.

When plugged in, the "too low" light engages and beeps, and then the pump turns on. It does this regardless of the depth of the optical sensor (above, at or under the water level). The magnetic safety sensor works if it gets too high. But the optical sensor appears to be telling the device that the water is too low regardless of water level.

Have soaked sensor in vinegar and washed with warm soapy water. No effect.

Suggestions? Thanks.

rvitko
12/19/2016, 09:37 AM
A normal start up is a beep, all 4 lights flash and for a second one diagnostic light shows for the optic sensor status. This test is only valid if the optic sensor is clean and dry. A red too low light means the optic sensor failed if shown during this test, but a wet sensor will always fail. In normal operation in too low, the pump should not run, too low generally means the pump was triggered for 10 minutes and a fill did not occur, the too low light is red. Can you please clarify what you are observing?

rvitko
12/19/2016, 09:38 AM
Also, the metering pump is always triggered to run for 15 seconds after the start up I described above, the unit is not actually "working" until about 20 seconds after it is powered up. The first 20 seconds is a self test and preprogrammed run.

mikedawg8898
12/23/2016, 10:16 AM
Hey just wanted to say mine is doing the same thing except when the too low red light is flashing, the pump isn't running, it flashes too low regardless of where the water is at in my sump

rvitko
12/26/2016, 10:52 AM
Too low normally means a top off was triggered for 10 minutes and did not occur, if it takes 10 minutes for the too low light to come on, likely the pump is bad. Once too low is on, only cycling the power can reset it. If too low comes on shortly after turning on the controller, then the memory has been erased by a power surge or harsh switching, it can be reset but needs to come in to be rebooted.