PDA

View Full Version : Should i upgrade from 105l all in one to 280l cube?

Ifeelsick
12/18/2016, 07:55 PM
Hi all, i have my old Betta lifespace 700 (280l) from when i downgraded to an Aquael reefmax 105. Do you think i would be better off upgrading to my old large tank? Better as in more stable or do you think i should just stick to my smaller tank and try abit harder? I am trying my best btw

Thanks

teddyzaper
12/19/2016, 01:23 AM
What issues are you having with your current tank. a larger tank wont be much easier really. Your issues will still persist, they will just take longer to develop. I'd really recommend figuring out WHAT the issues are and fix them instead of just trying to restart. There will always be some issue in your tank that needs to be solved, its part of the hobby (obsession).

RobZilla04
12/19/2016, 06:43 AM
Hi all, i have my old Betta lifespace 700 (280l) from when i downgraded to an Aquael reefmax 105. Do you think i would be better off upgrading to my old large tank? Better as in more stable or do you think i should just stick to my smaller tank and try abit harder? I am trying my best btw

Thanks

More info is needed. What are you trying to keep and what issues are you facing currently?

I just upgraded a 55g to 90g because I wanted more space for more livestock. Additionally I wanted additional stand height so I built my own stand/canopy.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2613836

I couldn't be happier!

Ifeelsick
12/19/2016, 09:51 AM
More info is needed. What are you trying to keep and what issues are you facing currently?

I just upgraded a 55g to 90g because I wanted more space for more livestock. Additionally I wanted additional stand height so I built my own stand/canopy.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2613836

I couldn't be happier!

Hi RobZilla04, at the moment i can't get my nitrate's down. I have tryed water change's but this didint work. In the last couple of day's i have dosed Nopox and also tryed some chaeto. I think the problem is my 2" picasso trigger that eat's meaty food's like squid which when he chews goes everywhere. I was just thinking if i had a better skimmer and larger tank it might help.

Thanks

RobZilla04
12/19/2016, 12:19 PM
What are your nitrate readings?

In theory yes a larger tank will work in the short term but in the long term the problem would catch up again. Some suggestions I have:

1) feed slower
2) feed small pieces or cut them to be smaller
3) syphon vaccuum the subtrate during water changes (start with a small section at a time)
4) increase the frequency of water changes (couple with #3)
5) check you filtration and increase pad change frequency (try adding a poly filter)

ThRoewer
12/19/2016, 12:45 PM
I found dosing vodka or vinegar in combination with wet skimming to be the best solution for nitrate removal.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk