PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Doser Brands/units

Chicagoreef2016
12/19/2016, 02:20 PM
Hi all,

I need to make the plunge and get a doser, which I am excited about more automation. Any recommendations on dosers? I have heard that the Liter Meter is good but is no longer in production. Eschopps has one out, anyone have experience with that one? Other recommendations on solid brands?

Cheers!

bertoni
12/19/2016, 07:53 PM
MasterFlex pumps are very good, but pricey. You might be able to find some secondhand units on Ebay.

Chicagoreef2016
12/19/2016, 09:42 PM
MasterFlex pumps are very good, but pricey. You might be able to find some secondhand units on Ebay.

Thanks!

jpas
12/21/2016, 08:37 PM
I just setup my new GHL Doser 2.1. It is pricey but probably the best available

Chicagoreef2016
12/21/2016, 09:37 PM
I just setup my new GHL Doser 2.1. It is pricey but probably the best available

How easy was it to set up? I have heard from someone who just got it that it is not as plug and play and the updated firmware was difficult to figure out.

FirstContact
12/22/2016, 02:03 AM
Wow! When did the stop producing the Liter Meter?

I am looking at middle of the road dosers like the Kamoer doser. I don't want to break the budget, but don't want the cheapest either. I purchased a GHL 2 doser the other year and regardless of what those that love them say, it wasn't plug and play at all. It was actually a little complicated and couldn't get the wifi to work. I ended up returning it, but they say they've gotten better.

eder10986
12/23/2016, 11:56 AM
I love my bubble magus. Has been spot on for some time now. Surely there are more expensive ones out there etc but I'm very happy with what we have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicagoreef2016
12/23/2016, 12:53 PM
Would you recommend using the GHL as an ATO as well? As in would that burn out one of the motors real quick? Versus using my existing Smart ATO? Thinking I can consolidate equipment and thereby reduce areas that could go faulty.

jpas
12/23/2016, 03:35 PM
How easy was it to set up? I have heard from someone who just got it that it is not as plug and play and the updated firmware was difficult to figure out.

Hello, the iPhone app is pretty simple to use. The pc app is even easier to use. So I would say that if you are able to operate a computer proficiently you won't have a problem

ElCamino
12/27/2016, 02:41 PM
They still make the liter meter, i have 2 and just ordered parts for one of them a few weeks ago. my first one is 20+ years old and they still stock parts for it. controls up to 3 pump modules right on the front of the unit, no need for wifi