PDA

View Full Version : Light acclimation

kylepelk
12/19/2016, 03:37 PM
hi all. Im looking for a little input on aclimating my corals to the new chinese back box i bought. All corals are on sand bed. I have. 29gal biocube, the light is 4 in from water because i want the hood to be still on it. Iv been having problems with zoas and mushrooms opening up, green star polyps are doing good and the the white pipe organs. All pramaters are spot on. So should i run the lights at 1% blues and whites for a week then turn them up or some other way? Like i said all corals are on sand bed. Just not sure how much stronger the light is sense its so close to water surface.

Grayhead
12/19/2016, 03:47 PM
Start low and work your way up weekly. 5% changes each week. Stop once the corals look happy.

mcgyvr
12/19/2016, 03:47 PM
What light was previously there?

Personally I'd probably start at about half the intended final brightness and just work up over the course of a week or two..

kylepelk
12/19/2016, 03:53 PM
I had the stock biocube lights on it before. Zoos and mushrooms never opened up with the stock lights either. I've had them all over the tank. The box light has been on there for 2 weeks but i I've been changing it left and right. I'm overthinking it and second guessing. Just not sure what I'm doing wrong

Grayhead
12/19/2016, 04:46 PM
Did you cycle this tank before adding corals?

kylepelk
12/19/2016, 05:15 PM
This tank is a year old

kylepelk
12/19/2016, 06:13 PM
Yes the tank has been cycled