PDA

View Full Version : ATI ICP Test results: AF problems?

Zweebe
12/21/2016, 07:33 AM
Hey reefers!

I just got my ATI ICP analysis and despite ATI don't warm me about some results, I have some question about those results that seems not good for some elements..

Here is the results I'm worried about:

- Silicon 178.7 µg/l
- Barium 74.78 µg/l
- Nickel 1.60 µg/l
- Copper 2.79 µg/l
- Bismuth 2.09 µg/l
- Chloride 16407 mg/l

Some SPS start to fade since few months and that's why I did this ICP test. This could be the reason according you?

I think my osmosis system membrane should be change despite it show me 0.00PPM.

According to others members, this could be a problem coming from Aquaforest products as Energy seems to containt copper.. And When I think about that, it almost start when I start Amino, Energy, Build and Vitality.

I'm using probiotic salt, NP Pro and Pro bio S + the 4 others products. A reactor with Zeomix and carbon is also running but without GFO.

Can someone help me solved this problem as some SPS start to fade and are not healthy at all.. :/

Is Detox from Triton can help to remove those metals in a first time?

ClearwaterUK
12/21/2016, 07:48 AM
Detox will remove Cu
Barium is often coming from Phosphate absorbers GFO a change to Al based Po4 absorber will remove this
Nickel and Copper can come from corroding electrical items or plated screws etc
if the chloride is out look at your salinity

Energy has a tiny amount of Copper Sulphate, I have been using this product over 6 months and have no Cu showing uo on ICP tests by TRITON or Aquaforrest

Zweebe
12/21/2016, 08:05 AM
Detox will remove Cu
Barium is often coming from Phosphate absorbers GFO a change to Al based Po4 absorber will remove this
Nickel and Copper can come from corroding electrical items or plated screws etc
if the chloride is out look at your salinity

Energy has a tiny amount of Copper Sulphate, I have been using this product over 6 months and have no Cu showing uo on ICP tests by TRITON or Aquaforrest

Ok thanks for the advices!

But I don't use GFO as I said then I don't know where Barium does it come from :/

And about Nickel and Copper, I don't think something is corroding in the tank.. I will do a water changes with Reef Salt and not probiotic salt for couple of weeks, use Detox for Copper and then check every electrical items in my sump.. good or bad idea?

Another question, maybe really stupid, but something can come from the fact my refugium is on a lot of time during a 24h period? Don't think so but sometime, weards things happened so.. :sad2:

GoVols
12/21/2016, 08:59 AM
Already been addressed.

http://166.78.194.232/forums/showthread.php?t=2606752

Zweebe
12/21/2016, 09:17 AM
Already been addressed.

http://166.78.194.232/forums/showthread.php?t=2606752

Hmm interesting!

This could come from the Probiotic Salt then ok!

Despite the fast my Po4 and No3 are really low or almost undetectable my corals are not really pale, is it normal? Maybe due to another element..?

ClearwaterUK
12/22/2016, 11:13 AM
Hmm interesting!

Despite the fast my Po4 and No3 are really low or almost undetectable my corals are not really pale, is it normal? Maybe due to another element..?

I am not sure what to question is ?

The AF method isn't trying to create pale pastel colours

Zweebe
12/23/2016, 03:08 AM
Ok, I thought it could be pastel colours.. as it depends the dosing, but ok :-)

I will change the osmosis system membrane today, same for the 3 filters. Will do a bigger water change this time and dose Triton Detox during 3 days.

After that, will replace the zeo and carbon as I can't keep them during Detox and by the same time, will add GFO (Aquaforest) for silicon.

What do you think about this?