PDA

View Full Version : Apex Classic display glitchy / freezing / blanks

125mph
12/21/2016, 10:56 PM
Hi guys,

I have the classic apex.. The display module has been glitchy and freezes like crazy. Its gotten worse and worse to the point where I cant use the display module because it freezes so badly. I have to use fusion or the web control.

Last year I called tech support and they suggested I do various updates. In the process of doing the update, the display module went blank and my PM module died. Tech guy logged in my system and he coudlnt fix it, suggested I send it back to them for $75 to fix... WHAT???... So I sent it to them, and I got the PM module back and its working fine. The display module still freezes and blanks to the point where its uncontrollerable.. I thought it was weird they didnt fix that...

This week I ordered a new display module thinking that will fix it. I need to be able to use the display module because its handy rather than login in with my phone. Well, the new display module is still glitchy and freezy.. My only conclusion is the base unit is jacked. On top of that, I just disconnected my temp probe to clean it and when I connected it back, it doesnt work...

I connected it to my PM1 and that worked.

Any ideas how to fix this glitchy/freezing thing.. Afraid one day it will just die. SHould I order a new base unit?

125mph
12/21/2016, 11:07 PM
Heres my display module being glitchy:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161222/0a17a75af9a0f66e2745e0d3de555b9e.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161222/9abe69c7a5a79e89ff272e1fb4c0aedb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

125mph
12/22/2016, 05:09 PM
Problem solved... called tech support and I had to shell out some more money for a new base unit..

Expensive hobby!

125mph
12/30/2016, 04:34 PM
Another Update.. the new base unit came and while tech was helping me with the old base unit, blew out my display module too.. So even with the new base unit, the display module had to be replaced.. Just brought a new display unit... quite an expensive hobby,,,,