PDA

View Full Version : Corals turning to algae?

Nyankee
12/24/2016, 08:11 PM
One of my corals has been Turing green, or something green is growing on my coral. Anybody know what's going on? All my other corals are.normal. I did go into bio pellets two weeks ago. Went through the phase of a bunch of slime on my tank from the reactors output. Besides that no other changes. Photo attached

heathlindner25
12/24/2016, 08:21 PM
Looks like a " turf" algae.

m0nkie
12/24/2016, 08:31 PM
Looks like the algae is starting to disturb the corals. It's possible in time it will kill the whole coral

Nyankee
12/24/2016, 08:37 PM
Coral was actually all open. I touch it before the picture and some retracted, but wouldn't be surprise if they start to retract bc of the algae very soon since it is growing. The Coral came attached to a small rock, should I just remove the coral to avoid from growing in other rocks, or do I have a more global problem?

m0nkie
12/24/2016, 09:24 PM
I would remove coral asap. If you can frag the coral off the rock, that would be best

if not, look into hydrogen peroxide dip for corals. it kills algae pretty fast

ericarenee
12/25/2016, 09:14 AM
Looks like yellow polyps..

I Would remove the coral and prep a coral dip for it.. then with a tiny brush spread peroxide onto the algae trying to avoid the coral... then dip the coral well . this should kill off the algae..

OHH... and fix the Nutrient isssue in the tank..