PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else have trouble with reefbreeders photn 32 poppin drivers?

stan zemanek
12/26/2016, 06:54 PM
I bought 2 of these photon 32 units for my tank and have had 4 drivers replaced (2 in each) in the last 2 years. Now again i have another driver out! I have had nothing but trouble with these units. Anybody else having the same problem? I think it's about time to toss them in the trash and go back to t5's.

Ron Reefman
12/27/2016, 06:54 AM
Is it the older, original Photon?

I had 2 of the 32" and a 16" running for 4+ years with no issues other than some rust on the old steel cases. I have a 32" ReefRadiance that is also made by EverGrow and the only issue with it has been a flakey controller that won't hold the 'custom' sunrise/sunset program for more than a few days and then switches to 'sunny' all by itself. But ReefRadiance used a controller that is different than EG and RB. And because I bought it used they (ReefRadiance) wouldn't even sell me a new controller!

The only driver issue I've every had was with an OceanRevive S024 when they were fairly new and OR took care of it right away.

ca1ore
12/27/2016, 10:13 AM
Almost 4 years on one P32, 3 years on a second. Latter came with loose connections that I thought was a bad driver, otherwise no problems at all with them. What dose Logan say?

stan zemanek
12/27/2016, 01:48 PM
What dose Logan say?[/QUOTE]
Logan has no clue. He's more then happy to sell me new drivers every 6 months.
The thing thats frustrating, is I have never even tinkered with any of the settings. I just plugged them in and ran them on the factory default setting. I think at this point I will just limp along until they finally crap out completly on me. Then it's into the big green truck that stops at the end of my driveway ever Thursday. Lesson learned.