PDA

View Full Version : Add a T5 on to my current setup?

Cliving1
01/01/2017, 12:19 PM
I currently have a kessil a150 on an innovative marine 40. While the style of the light works great for the cube shape, I am getting some major shaded areas . I have an 18" t5 that I am no longer using. I would need to find a way to prop it up as I dont have the brackets anymore, but would it be beneficial to my tank? Could it harm anything ? Thoughts, thank you.

ReefCowboy
01/01/2017, 05:49 PM
You can add the T5's as it will allow for much better light coverage for your shading problem. The main thing is to know once you add the unit, some corals can bleach depending what type they are. You can add Blue + bulbs as they have great usefulness to corals but also pack a par punch.
If you have low light corals, allow them to adjust slowly by lowering the Kessil's intensities while adding the T5's. Good luck

Cliving1
01/01/2017, 06:12 PM
Sounds good thanks. I have one white and one purple bulb in there right now, turned it on for a second and looks great. Just need to get it mounted or something. That model of kessil cant be adjusted though. Its many years old.

Cliving1
01/02/2017, 12:15 PM
Anyone else? Yay or nay to adding more lighting if it will help or hurt