PDA

View Full Version : Creepy things came out of coral, man

allycat247
01/01/2017, 07:44 PM
I brought a soft coral (idk what it was. It was like a polyps thingy) and I coral dipped it and I saw something in it so I grabbed it with some tweezers and no joke it was this HUGE RED WORM WITH TENTICLES fml! And I was having a fricken panic attack, man I had fricken nightmares for days! And just I was looking at the tank and I decided I didn't like this hell spawn where it was so i pick it up (whereing gloves tho I don't trust this thing) and i move it and all this string comes out and i was thinking it was hairs or somethin' so I try to grab it and something falls out of it so it grab it and as the tweezers squeeze it all the fish poop in the world explodes out fml and i got it out the tank and it was a flippen coralised pile of poo. So now I'm in a dark corner of the room rocking back and fourth, crying and singing lullabies to myself wondering why we even bother. They should put this stuff on the flipping labels : "likes moderate light, moderate water flow and also doubles as a portal to the underworld"
"What?"
"Yeah it your not careful Satan himself will appear form the coral and sneak into your room and steal your soul while you sleep. happy fishing"
Can you explain what I just witnessed and maybe share your coral horror stories?
Mean while I'm just gonna book a lifetime of counselling Brb.

miranda1960
01/02/2017, 04:30 AM
problably just a large bristleworm

allycat247
01/03/2017, 12:00 PM
problably just a large bristleworm
Nope google tells me its a spaghetti worm and that they are good and beneficial but they scare me so I'll take their word for it. Nothing that looks like Satan's privates is friendly I'm sorry but no.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

mcgyvr
01/07/2017, 02:14 PM
Bookmark/browse this site so you know for the future about the common creatures,etc... that can show up in our tanks..
spaghetti worms are harmless/beneficial.. but yes.. kind of creepy looking..
Don't be scared..
http://www.lionfishlair.com/hitchhikers-guide/

allycat247
01/08/2017, 02:39 PM
Granted but I have pulled two fireworks off it since then and my beautiful male splendid mandarin dragonet procided to attack one aand get stung severely and I can SEE the spikes lining his mouth will he be okay? He is eating some frozen brine shrimp but he is struggling and he appears to be in pain. Will he ok? Is there anything I can do?

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

surferarnie
01/17/2017, 06:25 PM
I scared.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TokiHacker
01/31/2017, 01:58 PM
That was kinda terrifying the way it was said....