PDA

View Full Version : ASOV valve

homer1475
01/03/2017, 05:17 AM
So I installed this on my spectrapure RO/DI unit plumbed into a float valve that is about 30 feet from my RO/DI unit(yes installed the backflow preventer also). The problem I'm having is the float valve shuts off, but the ASOV never shuts off, it just loudly rattles like its letting a little water through(chattering for a lack of a better term). If I hold the float up it does work properly, and shut the unit off, but if I let it do its thing the ASOV never fully shuts off.

I have 70 PSI on the input so I don't think its a pressure problem. But possibly the long run coming out of the ASOV to the float?

RT_BRS
01/03/2017, 02:11 PM
So I installed this on my spectrapure RO/DI unit plumbed into a float valve that is about 30 feet from my RO/DI unit(yes installed the backflow preventer also). The problem I'm having is the float valve shuts off, but the ASOV never shuts off, it just loudly rattles like its letting a little water through(chattering for a lack of a better term). If I hold the float up it does work properly, and shut the unit off, but if I let it do its thing the ASOV never fully shuts off.

I have 70 PSI on the input so I don't think its a pressure problem. But possibly the long run coming out of the ASOV to the float?

Interesting, If I had to guess you caught the water level in the container at a moment where it wasn't triggering the float valve fully. In addition to that, it can take up to approximately 15 minutes in order to build up enough back pressure to trigger the ASOV and shut off the system. How long did you let the system run doing its own thing?

homer1475
01/03/2017, 04:35 PM
It ran for roughly 6 hours to fill my container. It actually woke me up chattering on the wall. I actually thought it was one of my dogs snoring. :D

Could it be the long run from the valve to my brute not causing enough pressure to build up? Like I said, it's almost as if it doesn't shut off completely, kind of like dripping and the valve is constantly opening and closing?

RT_BRS
01/03/2017, 05:09 PM
It ran for roughly 6 hours to fill my container. It actually woke me up chattering on the wall. I actually thought it was one of my dogs snoring. :D

Could it be the long run from the valve to my brute not causing enough pressure to build up? Like I said, it's almost as if it doesn't shut off completely, kind of like dripping and the valve is constantly opening and closing?

Lol, that's too funny. I could see myself thinking the same thing - my dog loves to snore! Where you manually closing the float by hand while it was 30 feet away as well? How is the float mounted?

homer1475
01/05/2017, 05:47 PM
Got it figured out!

The valve does vibrate a bit right before it shuts off. Seeing as it's not mounted and just free floating against the wall, it was vibrating all the pipes which were vibrating against the wall increasing the volume. Put a small strap on it so it's tight against the wall and it stopped. On the BRS unit its mounted in the bracket which probably doesn't create the vibrating(I still think the long run to my brute not causing the pressure to build fast enough so the valve does a small trickle thing(causes the vibrating) before it fully shuts off doesn't help).

RT_BRS
01/05/2017, 05:55 PM
Got it figured out!

The valve does vibrate a bit right before it shuts off. Seeing as it's not mounted and just free floating against the wall, it was vibrating all the pipes which were vibrating against the wall increasing the volume. Put a small strap on it so it's tight against the wall and it stopped. On the BRS unit its mounted in the bracket which probably doesn't create the vibrating(I still think the long run to my brute not causing the pressure to build fast enough so the valve does a small trickle thing(causes the vibrating) before it fully shuts off doesn't help).

Got it! Good to hear you were able to sort it out. It's also possible there is an air bubble trapped in the valve. If it's not too difficult, taking the system and laying it on it's back and running it for an hour or so can help to expel any air bubbles.